Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring is in the air!

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. I had the gym doors open all day. I wanted to get some fresh air and air the gym out, too. That nasty stomach virus has been going around and (if you know me well) you know I am TERRIFIED of the stomach virus. I don't know when this started, but I am afraid of it. So afraid of it that I am going to stop talking about it NOW!

Anyway, the day was beautiful. I took one of my classes outside to enjoy the weather. You never know when it's going to change, so I have to take advantage of it when I can.

After we picked Addison up at Miss Linda's we rode will all the windows down and turned the music up really loud. We don't get to listen to anything fun when Addison is with us. She likes to listen to "her songs," so we sing a lot of ABC's, days of the week, songs about manners and vowel sounds! When we started going a little faster, she yelled, "Woo Hoo, Rock and Roll!" I don't know where she learned that, but it was funny! She said it several more times and I laughed each time. That girl is such a character.

When we got home, we broke out the sidewalk chalk, scooters, balls and bikes. The kids played out front while I pulled some weeds in the flower bed. Our front flower bed looks so bad right now. I really need help this Spring with it. I just never know what to plant. We played outside for a while and I read part of a magazine. After a while we went in to do our nightly chores: laundry, baths, dinner, homework, etc. Drew was at a track meet, so he missed all the fun.

I absolutely love this time of year. I hope today will be just as nice. What is your favorite time of year?

0 comments: