Sunday, June 27, 2010

Week in Pictures

This week four of us from our school attended a conference in San Antonio. We HAD to get our picture taken with the presenter so we could prove that we really went! We also had him sign his book that we all had a copy of. I would have liked to know what was going through his mind when the four of us approached him with these requests. Crazy teachers!


MaryLou and Laura posed for me at the Riverwalk. We had to make room for some fun during the week, too. One night we went to the Riverwalk. We had a great time talking and eating. I am so thankful for co-workers who are also friends.


This is Kris and me. We had a great time laughing and joking around.



We made our way into one of the shops after dinner. We just had to stop and pose with these cute hats on. We laughed so much that night!
I had a great time learning and playing with these friends. They made the conference and time away from my family a lot of fun. I would definitely do it again if given the opportunity.
Drew had a conference at TCU, also. His mom watched the kids for four days while he was gone all day. He then had to fix dinner and get the boys to their baseball practice and games. This was not fun for him and I appreciate him letting me go to San Antonio.
We came home on Thursday and we (me, Drew and the kids) turned right back around the next morning and headed to Houston. I was home long enough to re-pack and sleep. We were in Houston at 9:30 Friday morning!
My dad and Pily took us to the Bayou Wildlife Park. It rained very hard for about 30-45 minutes as soon as we got there. We weren't sure we were going to be able to feed the animals, but thankfully it cleared up. You can just imagine how hot and steamy it got in Houston after a heavy rain~ hot, steamy and stinky! Addie kept saying, "I smell sumthin." I was worried about how she would react to the animals coming so close, but she did great. She didn't act like she was afraid at all. A LOT of pictures of our day will follow:




Pily and Dad feeding some of the animals in the petting area. Jackson and Addie were too afraid to go in. Bryson went in for a brief second then left. That was just a little too close for them.


Jackson getting ready to feed the animals. Isn't he so cute?








These things stunk so bad! They were really hungry, too!





Bryson and Jackson



Addison and Pily enjoying the ride.



Addison and my dad enjoying their time together.


Dad and Addison, again.



After the ride they offered free horse rides. Bryson was almost too heavy to ride. Luckily for the horse it was a short ride!


Jackson hopped right on.


Addison even went for a ride. She really surprised me by going. I didn't think she would do it when it was her turn, but she didn't even flinch.

That evening Drew and I went out to dinner by ourselves. The kids stayed with Dad, Espy and Pily. Our 13th anniversary is tomorrow and that was our way of celebrating. We don't do big celebrations for anniversaries. We couldn't decide where to eat so we decided to just drive around and see where we ended up. We ate at Churrasco's. It has South American food. It was yummy and I was stuffed.
Saturday we went to Galveston. Bryson said he wasn't going to get in the water~ he is afraid of sharks. Jackson said he just wanted to play in the sand~ he was stung by a jellyfish when we were there last year. I didn't think Addison would enjoy the water much, but she LOVED it. All three of them ended up having such a great time jumping in the waves. Addison wanted to be held the whole time, but she didn't mind when the water would hit her in the face. They all really surprised me. We stayed about 5 hours and had a great time. Drew was a good sport, too. He doesn't really enjoy the beach, but he endured just for us. Thanks, Sweetie! Pictures from that day will follow:

Jackson, Espy and Addie feeding the birds.



Addison walking on the beach.



Doesn't someone always have to get buried in the sand? This year I was elected to be the one. Let me just tell you that that is pretty uncomfortable. Bryson kept dumping more and more sand on me and it was getting hard to breathe. I didn't think they would ever finish! Finally, they did and this was the end result...


A MERMAID! As soon as this picture was taken, I was out of there! I don't think I ever want to be buried in sand again.



We played some paddle ball. Drew and I had 61 consecutive hits! Jackson and I got 5 and Pily and I got around 15. I can't remember the exact number, but it wasn't very high!



That evening after dinner, they had a birthday cake for Addison. Her birthday is this coming Wednesday and they won't be with us to celebrate. She loved being the center of attention! Who doesn't, right?



So, we had an eventful and enjoyable week. I am glad we are home and ready to relax for a few weeks before we go any place else.

0 comments: