Sunday, March 27, 2011

Soccer

Jackson is LOVING soccer! He first expressed an interest in playing soccer a few months ago. Before that, he was all about playing baseball. When it was time to sign him up for a Spring sport I was sure he would pick baseball, but he proved me wrong. He wanted to play soccer. I was hesitant at first, but we signed him up. I was afraid he would go to a couple of practices and discover just how much running is involved in playing soccer and want to quit. Well, let me just say (again!) that he LOVES it! He is pretty good at it, too. Most of the kids on his team have played before, but he fits right in with them. In fact, he is one of the better players (If I do say so myself!). He is fast, persistent, attentive, quick and aggressive. He has scored in each of the games he has played so far. One of his coaches is surprised that he hasn't played before. He loves being good at something (Don't we all?!) and looks forward to practice and games each week. He has told us that he wants to play baseball again this Summer, but right now he is LOVING soccer. I am enjoying watching him play and learning all the rules and intricacies of the game. Who would have thought we would be a soccer family? Not I and especially not Drew! He wasn't looking forward to soccer games, but I think he really likes them, too.

He just LOOKS like a soccer player!



This is his coach that is VERY encouraging to him. He always has something nice to say to Jackson.



This is Jackson's first grade teacher. She was sweet to come watch him play yesterday. He loves her as much as he loves soccer!

0 comments: