Saturday, July 28, 2012

With a Willing Heart...

You never realize how much someone does for you until the can't do it anymore. With Drew down I realize just how much he did for us! I have always known that I have it a lot better than a lot of people, but, my goodness, he works his booty off! No wonder he is always exhausted! Right now I have to do almost everything for him. With his good shoulder hurt and his other shoulder and arm not very useful it makes it difficult for him to do even the simplest of tasks. I'm not complaining, at all. I just know that I have to step up my game and work that much harder. I always feel a little guilty during our time off in the summer because I rest so much, so now I won't have a chance to feel guilty! I don't mind helping him. I WANT to help him. I am so thankful that he didn't have a head injury or a more debilitating injury. I will do everything I need to do and teach the kids how to help me. Yes, they will be helping. They are going to have to step up, also. It will be good for us to have to work together through all of this. They will probably have a new appreciation for the amount of work it takes to keep a home and family running. I'm not saying it is going to be easy or things won't get difficult during our journey. I am saying that I am thankful and appreciate even more how much Drew takes care of us and does for us. Now it is our turn to take care of him.

1 comments:

Grandmother said...

Yes, we can be so thankful Drew is as well as he is. Praise the Lord!!!
Our prayers have been answered! I prayed His will be done! I am so grateful he is alive, know he is in much pain, hope that will soon be over, may take a long time but it is for a reason, and we may never know, but God does and He always knows best
I just wish I could have been there for you, but so thankful your other family were there for support You rest assured we are praying for all of you, This won't be easy but you are strong and I know you can do it. We love you very much. Call us at any time! Grandmother