Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bullet point update


  • We have finished two weeks of school. Reality has set in that this is an every day thing! My body is trying to get used to the routine. I go through this every year, but it never gets easier.
  • Drew is back in action! The doctor said he can go back to driving and most of his normal activities, but he can't lift, push or pull with his right arm. I guess he forgot about this when he decided to trim the bushes and trees yesterday~on a ladder! It is amazing to me that just six short weeks ago our lives could have turned out so differently. I am thankful every day that his accident wasn't worse than it was. He will probably always have some range of motion or strength limitations and the nerve in his leg bothers him daily, but I am thankful he is still alive and didn't have a serious head injury.
  • Jackson is training for a 5k in October. He runs at school during the week and he and I run on Sunday mornings. I enjoy spending that time with him and he seems to like it, too. We ran 1.25 miles today and he didn't stop. Our goal is to not walk on the Sunday runs.
  • I am training for a half marathon again. I will run one in October and another one in December. We ran 7 miles on Saturday. The temperature was awesome, but is was very windy. I am looking forward to running, but with the way my knee has been feeling it may be my last year to run long distances. I know I've said that before, but I have really been in a lot of pain daily. I may have to stick to shorter distances or mud runs.
  • Bryson has started playing football at school. His first game is next Monday. I am looking forward to having a son in athletics. Hopefully he will get some playing time since his daddy is one of the coaches! 
  • Addison LOVES kindergarten! She has a great teacher and is excited to go to school each morning! 
  • Drew made bacon wrapped jalapeƱos and hamburgers for dinner. They were good!
  • Addison had her first soccer game yesterday. She got embarrassed, started crying and ran off the field. She did tell me after the game that she gets it now and will do better next week! We'll see!
  • Drew started running again last Thursday! I almost forgot to mention this! He wakes up at 4 when I do and goes for about 45 minutes. He says it's slow going right now, but I didn't think he would even be able to run this soon.  He is trying really hard to get in shape and I am very proud of him!
  • 38 more weeks until summer! These are total weeks, not school weeks! You know I like to count down.
  • I'll be back with more later!

0 comments: