Thursday, April 2, 2009

Short Story

This week I have seen my kids in a new and refreshing light. I was reminded this week about how much kids learn their first year or two. They start off knowing only how to eat, poop, pee and cry. By the time they are a year old they know how to sit, crawl, walk, talk and relate. During their second year they learn how to form sentences and manipulate people to get what they want! It only gets better from there.

Earlier this week Bryson picked up one of Drew's watches. (He has a thing for watches and has MANY, although not as many as he would like!)

Bryson: Dad, is this yours?

Drew: Yes.

Addison: Daddy, is ees yoos?

Drew: Yes.

Addison whispering to Bryson: Bry, poot eet dow. (Translation: Bry, put it down.)

She was afraid Bryson was going to get in trouble for playing with Daddy's watch. She was looking out for her older brother. So sweet! I love watching my kids relate to eachother. I have told both boys that they are Addison's heros and they have to teach her how to act. They do a pretty good job. I am blessed to have three wonderful kids. I have seen this anew this week and it is refreshing.

This morning I sneezed and three little voices said, "Bless you," in unison. This was such a sweet sound. Even Addison knows to say, "Bless you," after someone sneezes. That just amazes me that she knows that at 21 months old. Of course, she is VERY smart! :0)

This has been a VERY busy week. We have had something to do each night this week. I am tired and sleepy because I haven't been sleeping well. I keep thinking about all the things I need to do by tomorrow. Once the week is over I can breathe a little easier and focus on the next thing. I haven't posted in a few days, but I felt like I needed to check in! That's all I have for now.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love this post! I think we should be friends because we read all the same blogs. And because we both know Sarah.