Saturday, August 15, 2009

What did I do to deserve this???

I have bragged on Drew before, but I cannot let the day end without another bragging post. My husband is the best. These are the things he did TODAY and I will tell you that today was just another ordinary day around our house.

I went to my kickboxing class, as usual for a Saturday morning. I actually went about 30 minutes early because I wanted to run on the treadmill before the class. I guess sitting around all summer is starting to catch up with me. Even though I worked out all summer I wasn't as active during the day as I usually am during the school year. Anyway, went I got home Drew's car was gone and the house was quiet. He texted me and said he was at Walmart checking out and they would be home shortly. When I asked why he didn't wait for me to get home before going so he wouldn't have to take all the kids with him he said he wanted to get it done so he could spend the rest of the day cleaning the house.

The kids wanted to go swimming so we got ready and went to the pool. Drew stayed home to fix a couple of things around the house and start cleaning. He said he didn't want me to have to do a thing. After we were at the pool for about an hour the kids were ready to leave. Drew came and got them so I could stay out there by myself for a while. He brought my book that I had been trying to finish, too. While I was at the pool he texted me and told me everything was fine at home and to stay as long as I wanted.

When I (finally) got home the house was in the process of being cleaned and the laundry was going. I mentioned that I was hungry and by the time I got cleaned up and dressed he had made my lunch for me. When I was finished eating he even took my dishes to the kitchen and put them in the dishwasher so I wouldn't have to get up.

He told me to go take a nap while he finished cleaning. I stayed in the living room but did end up falling asleep on the couch. While I was sleeping he started getting dinner ready. He grilled chicken, made baked beans, roasted potatoes, made a cucumber, tomato, and onion salad. He also made some sweet tea. I played with the kids for a little while while he was finishing dinner. (I had a headache after I woke up so I wasn't feeling so great.) He didn't want me to help make dinner at all. I read some blogs and played on the computer until dinner was ready.

After eating a wonderful meal he cleaned the kitchen. I tried to help, but he didn't want me to. If you know Drew, you know he breaks out in hives when someone tries to help him in the kitchen! He said today was all about me. He didn't want me to have to do a thing all day and just wanted me to enjoy the day.

I think he is pretty great. He is so thoughtful of me and so caring. He tries to make my life as easy and stress-free as possible. He is so unselfish and is willing to do more than his share around here. Drew treats me like a princess and never seems to tire of trying to make me feel special and loved. I don't know what I ever did to deserve this, but whatever it is I am going to keep on doing it!

0 comments: