Saturday, August 7, 2010

More Pictures!

Pily is here for the weekend. She had an interview this week in Fort Worth, so she decided to stay the weekend and hang out. She and Addie have had a great time playing together. Pily is starting to see Addie's personality shine. She is one crazy girl! (Addie, not Pily!)

Friday we went to NRH2O for the day. I only got two pictures while we were there. I was too busy playing and trying to spend time with each of the kids separately. We had a good time. I hope to go back one more time before we have to return to work. I just wish Pily was here all the time to help me out!

Addison is becoming quite the little fish in the pool. She is essentially teaching herself how to swim. She can swim about 6-8 feet underwater by herself. About 3 weeks ago she realized she didn't need to be afraid of the water. Since then she has done great swimming. Of course, I am right there to help her if she needs it.

Last week we ventured up to Oklahoma to "The Pond." A couple of my cousins and their kids were there for a few days with us. My Aunt Pat was there, too. I did get some pictures of her, but she told me not to publish them! She was in her swimming suit so I totally understand. Just trust me that she was there with us!
This is a picture of my grandmother and Caitlin (my cousins' oldest daughter) on their back deck.

Grandmother and Addie.

Saturday we went to Broken Bow Lake. It is about 30-45 minutes from the pond. The water there was COLD! It is spring fed and was pretty chilly. It took us a while to get in.

Once they were in, they were good. My cousins' wife, Jo, swam around with the kids while I took some pictures. She was so good and patient with them. Maybe because her two kids had been with Nana all week! :0)

More swimming around.

Jackson

My grandmother hanging out at the lake. I think she had a good time watching the kids swim. We packed a cooler and had lunch out there, too.

Jackson caught a grasshopper. That will always make a little boy happy!

The water was so cold Addison didn't want to get in much. She spent most of her time playing in some water we put in a plastic tub.

The Relaxation Station!

Jackson and Cameron hanging out. They thought they were pretty cool with their shirts off!

Addie and Granddad. He read Cinderella to her over and over again. She loves her great-granddad!

Addie and Jackson fishing at the pond.

Jackson.

Addie.

Homemade ice cream! Yummy!

Hi Ya! Jackson being silly as only Jackson can be!


Taste test. Bryson is almost as tall as my grandmother. When did this happen?

Addie waiting for some more ice cream!
Drew. I'm sure he was happier than he appears in this picture. Why wouldn't you be happy at the pond?


My country girl.

Bryson climbing the rope. This is one of their favorite activities.


There, that's more like it!


My cute little girl posing for the camera.


Jackson and Grandmother on the four-wheeler. He can drive now when he has an adult with him. This is his absolute favorite thing to do. He feels so grown up when he is driving.

Addie, again.


Jackson climbing the rope. He wasn't too happy here. He made it to the top and got scared. We told him he had to find a way to get himself down. He made it, finally.

I just love the way Addie is looking at her daddy in this picture. I wish I could have known what they were talking about.


Fishing on the dock.


See, I was there too. Don't you just love my necklace Addie made me. I wore it proudly!


CHEESE!

We have had such a fun summer and I am sad to say that it is almost over. Why does it have to go by so quickly? We have one more week before we have to officially be back at work, but I'm afraid I am going to spend this next week gearing up for it.

Summer, you were great and I can't wait until we meet again in 296 days. But, who's counting!?!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Test