Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bullet Points

Pily has "reprimanded" me for not updating my blog more often, so here goes. Oh, and these bullet points are not in chronological order. I don't really care to be that organized!

  • I took Addie shopping with me on Thursday. I wasn't planning on buying anything. I just wanted to look and try some things on. I NEVER try anything on, but I need to right now because I'm not really sure what size I am. I took Addie and some clothes into the fitting room and she thought that was really fun until I started taking off my pants! I think I freaked her out a little bit. I had to explain to her why I was taking my clothes off in a store! Remember, I NEVER try anything on so she hasn't experienced a fitting room before! After I was finished, she thought it was funny that I took my clothes off in a store! I guess I should get her out more often!
  • Pily has decided to go to medical school in Fort Worth and we are VERY excited about that. We can't wait for July 19th to get here! We can go see her anytime we want and she can come hang out with us in her spare time! Ha! We probably won't get to see her as much as we think we will, but maybe she will come over for some food every once in a while!
  • Speaking of Pily, she was here last weekend and into the week. She was able to hang out with us for several days and see just how exciting we really are. I don't think she will ever be the same! Ha! Seriously, we are VERY boring! On Tuesday, she and Addie spent the day together. They went to Let's Jump and Jason's Deli for lunch. Then they read books and Pily painted Addie's toe nails. That sounded like a near-perfect day to me! Addie was really upset when Pily had to leave the next morning. She will be back, though!
  • Nancy and I are running again. I didn't think I would ever want to run again about six weeks ago, but never say never, I guess! We aren't going to run every weekend, maybe just every other weekend. Whatever fits into our schedules. We are also going to start off with some shorter runs. Hopefully I can get my body used to running gradually and it won't hurt so much as we increase our mileage. I WANT to enjoy running, so I just need to take it slow at first and build up gradually.
  • I found an awesome app for my phone last weekend. It's called Nike Women's Training. We tried some of the workouts this week and let me just say that they are tough! My abs may never be the same! They were so sore I couldn't even take a deep breath without hurting. I am still a little sore from our first workout on Monday. I like that we have found a way to change up our workouts. I was ready for a change and so were my muscles. I have felt muscles I didn't know I had! Plus, the time goes by really quickly because there is no time to rest.
  • Bryson has his first basketball game today. He is playing with the YMCA this year. Hopefully he will have a good time and continue to enjoy it.
  • I have finally lost 20 pounds since last July. I have actually hit my original goal, but I lowered it 5 pounds. I want to have a little cushion when I am trying to maintain my loss. It has been tough, but rewarding. At least now I KNOW I can do it and I know how to do it the right way. The loss was slow, but hopefully I can keep it off. I am determined to get it off and keep it off. I want to be healthy and teach my kids how to live a healthy life. I don't want them to have to lose a large amount of weight when they are older. It is easier to maintain than to lose a large amount, so hopefully some of my good habits will rub off on them!

That's about all that is going on. I will try to take and post some pictures next time!

1 comments:

Dad said...

Finally! You think your life is boring, mine is so boring I actually wait and look forward to reading blogs. Pretty sad I know but what the heck. I love hearing about you and your families' activities. Pili is excited about her future school also and I hope you two get to see each other often.
Love you,
Dad