Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I just had to document this for Kelly~ Her LAST diet Coke!





This may come as a shock to you, but we aren't very exciting people. I know, I know, that is some hard news to take in. We don't go out a lot. We enjoy spending time at home. just relaxing.

This year for New Year's Eve we asked Drew's brothers and their families if they would like to come hang out with us. Unfortunately, David had to work, but everyone else was able to come. We just sat around and talked and ate dinner. Nothing fancy~ Drew just grilled hamburgers and the kids had hot dogs. Again, we aren't very exciting!

The kids, on the other hand, enjoy some excitement. The eight cousins played together~relatively well. It's hard to have complete cooperation when the ages range from 3 to 11, but they were pretty good.

Since I don't have much family, I enjoy it when everyone gets to hang out together. We don't do it often enough, so hopefully this year we can work on that. We all live within 15 miles of each other, so it really shouldn't be a big deal to get together every once in a while. I really want to kids to grow close to their cousins, also. I always loved being around my cousins when I was younger and still enjoy seeing them whenever I can.

We did make it to midnight~ New York time! We didn't quiet make it until midnight night our time, but close enough! Maybe next year we will make it.

Today was spent just laying around watching TV. We watched the Rose Bowl Parade (When I say "we" I mean "me.") and watched some bowl games. So, our new year started off quietly and uneventful. Which is just how I like it!



Jackson in his room. They watched Scooby Doo for a little while and thought the burping and "gassing" scene was especially funny!



Jonathan and Bryson, the "big boys" watched Clone Wars on the laptop. They didn't have too much to do with the younger kids. I guess they are at "that age." Our boys are growing up.

These three spent quite a bit of time together. Here they are in Addison's room listening to a book on CD.


Kelly, Carrie and Matthew


Again, the scene in Scooby Doo was pretty funny!


Kian and Addison "reading" books in her room.


Kian drying Addison's hair. He has two older sisters, so he is comfortable playing with the girls!


Oh, there was a lot of play fighting, too!


Addison and Landri just love each other!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, FRIENDS!
I hope 2011 is good to you!

0 comments: