Saturday, May 21, 2011

Update on Addison

Addison hasn't eaten solid food since LAST Saturday. She has been living on yogurt and the occasional pudding or applesauce. And she just started applesauce yesterday. She is afraid to eat anything "hard." She only wants "soft" foods, but the only "soft" foods are the ones I have already mentioned. She won't eat ice cream or popsicles. Oh, the reasoning of a three year-old. Go figure! We have even resorted to bribery. I offered to take her out for another "Ladies Day" if she would eat some "real" food. She said she would stay home with Daddy. I offered to take her to get her toenails painted. She said her toes look fine. Drew even offered to buy her a new toy if she would eat some "real" food. No interest. Those are all her favorites, and she isn't budging.

We are hopeful that she will eventually start to want to eat other things. Last night at dinner she licked a very small taste of refried beans off her spoon. And when I say very small, I mean about the size of 1/2 of her pinky nail. Tiny. Apparently, I really screwed her up when I scraped her tonsil. Or maybe it was the choking/tonsil scraping incident followed by strep throat that really messed her up. I'm sure she will blame me for her food issues when she is older anyway even if it isn't due to the choking/tonsil scraping incident. Don't we all blame our mothers for our food/body insecurities/issues anyway?

She had lost 4 pounds last week, but I think she has gained back one or most of one pound. She doesn't have a whole lot of energy (for apparent reasons), but she is doing okay. Monday will be a week since she started antibiotics, so hopefully when she finishes that after Wednesday her appetite will come back and maybe (hopefully) she will want to eat some of her favorite foods again. I hope she isn't scarred for life.

So, our lives right now consist of trying to survive until school is out THIS Friday and trying to find something Addison will try to eat. Yes, we are that exciting. Aren't you jealous?

0 comments: