Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happenings

I got a new camera a few weeks ago and I am trying to learn how to work it. The manual is on a disc and I don't like that. I want to be able to hold a manual in my hand and my camera in the other. I want to be able to flip to what I am looking for easily instead of searching for it on the computer. I am just old school, I guess, and I am okay with that! :0) I wanted to include some pictures I have taken with my camera this past week, but for some reason they won't upload. I will figure it out. Until then, I will just update with bullet points.






  • Addison is back in gymnastics. She goes on Wednesdays. Last week she was pretty timid, but I am hopeful that she will warm up to it. The teacher she has for this class seems to get easily frustrated with the kids. News flash: 3 and 4 year olds can be frustrating! If you can't deal with it, you shouldn't be working with them! I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she was just having a bad day. If she is still just as cranky this evening as she was last Wednesday I will look at putting Addison in a different class with a different teacher. I have some pictures of Addison in action, but I can't get them to upload.


  • Jackson started baseball about a week ago. He has two practices a week and one game a week. At his game on Saturday he had two good hits and got someone out at first base. He as been looking forward to "playing outs" since last year and at this stage he gets to. This makes him happy!


  • Drew has been working with both boys on their batting, throwing and catching skills. They have gone to the park a few times already this summer to do that. I went with them last night and had a lot of fun. I LOVE to hit, also.


  • Drew and I had a date day yesterday. Pily watched the kids for us. We just went out to lunch and then to the mall. I can't believe Drew stepped foot inside of a mall, but it was his idea. I wanted to try on some shorts at Old Navy. I need some new ones and saw some online that I wanted to try on. Well, Old Navy was almost out of shorts. I WILL NOT wear shorts with a 2" inseam, so we had to look elsewhere. We wandered around a little bit and I began to wonder if I was looking for something that didn't exist. I wanted some that were about mid-thigh. I didn't want bermuda shorts (I already have a couple of those), but I didn't want any booty shorts either. Finally, we found some at Macy's. I tried them on and discovered that the size I have been getting was too big. I was able to go down a size! I thought it was just a fluke with that particular brand, so I tried on a few more and they fit in the smaller size, also. I was a little in shock because when I look in the mirror I don't see someone who I would think fits that size. Drew always jokes that I have Body Dismorphic Disorder, but I don't. I don't know why, but I still see the same me. Anyway, whatever, I will take the smaller shorts and not question it!



  • Speaking of bodies, Pily and I have been meeting Nancy at the gym every morning. We have been taking some classes and doing some of our usual stuff. The change of pace has been nice. We don't have to be there until 8 or 9 o'clock, and that is A LOT better than 4am! We have been working out 2 hours a day and I think I can already tell a difference in my strength and definition. I haven't really lost any weight, but maybe things are changing that can't be measured on a scale.


  • Still speaking of bodies, I have ALMOST reached my weight loss goal. I am about 2-3 pounds away from -30 pounds. When I started this journey last summer, I really didn't think I would make it. I originally wanted to lost 20 pounds so I wouldn't weigh as much when we ran the half-marathon in December. I only lost about 15 before the race. I decided to just keep going and see if I could lose the last 5. I did and dropped my goal 5 more. When I reached that goal, I dropped it 5 more to my current goal. I won't drop it anymore. I feel like I am at a good place and will be able to maintain. I would like to drop the final 2-3 pounds just for my own satisfaction. If I don't, I will always feel like I have business that is left undone. Hopefully, by the end of the summer I will have finished that up and can work on maintenance. Slow and steady is the way I have always looked at it, so I am not in a hurry. I have gone down 3 dress sizes in a year! Woo Hoo!


  • We have spent a lot of time outside already this summer either at the pool or at the water park. Today I have decided to just stay inside. I don't really know why this is worth mentioning, but I just did!


  • We are looking forward to our vacation in 5 weeks. We are going to Disney World! We are going with Drew's older brother and his family. I can't wait to go and hope we have as much fun as I imagine we will. I haven't been since I was 19, so I am looking forward to seeing the changes. This will actually be my third time to go. I went once as a kid, once as a young adult and this time I will go as a parent. I can't wait to see how my kids react to "The Happiest Place on Earth."


  • Addison's birthday is in a little over two weeks. I can hardly believe that she is going to be 4. These last four years have flown by. She is really coming into her own and I love to see her personality blossom. She is such a sweet and funny little girl, but can be head-strong and moody, also. Most of the time she is sweet and funny, though, so I can handle the times her moodiness comes out. I am so glad we added a little girl to our family four years ago. Life wouldn't be the same without her.



That's about all that is going on right now. I will work on getting some pictures up. I know my dad likes to see pictures of the kids.

0 comments: