Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Feelings

I'm sure it's no secret that I have been having a tough time lately. The holidays have brought some feelings and hurts to the surface and I can't seem to control them. Usually I can do a pretty good job at pretending things are fine and/or stuffing my feelings deep down inside. For some reason, though, I can't do it anymore. I'm tired, cranky, hurt, sensitive, emotional and angry. Yes, I have prayed about it. Yes, I have tried to distract myself. Yes, I have talked about it- to Drew. Those things helped temporarily, but then the feelings rear their ugly heads and I lose control. I am to the point where I don't want to see or speak to anyone outside of my little circle of five (me, Drew and my kids) and one or two friends. I don't care if I hurt anyone's feelings. I am in self-preservation mode and I am just trying to protect myself. I may end up spending the rest of the holidays holed up in my house. That would be perfectly fine with me. Am I depressed? Probably. Am I going to do anything about it. Nope. I'm sure it will pass just like it always has before. I don't know how long it will take, but I'm willing to just ride it out. I don't know why certain times of the year have to be so hard. I guess that's just how life goes. I guess I will just try to make it through the holidays the best I can and try to get back on track after these feelings pass.

0 comments: