Monday, December 26, 2011

I've got a new attitude!!!

My attitude has been pretty bad lately. I have been blaming others for the way I have felt. I have had many discussions with myself in my head. (I hope I'm not the only one who does this!) I have been trying to figure out why I am so unhappy, angry, vengeful and hateful when I have so much to be thankful for. I am usually a positive person, but that has changed lately. I don't know why, but I am determined to change. I don't enjoy feeling uneasy and angry all the time. I am missing out on some good times because I am too busy wasting my energy being mad. So what if not everybody likes me? I have to learn to like myself. I can't do anything about what has happened in my past. I can only change things now. I have the most wonderful husband and three sweet and healthy kids who think I hung the moon. I have a few close friends who love me even when I don't deserve it. I am healthy and physically able to do everything I need/want to do. Sure I could do some things better, but don't we all have room for improvement? I need to stop comparing myself to others. When I compare myself I always end up feeling horrible about myself. I know this, but continue to do it. I am going to make a conscious effort to look on the bright side, appreciate the people who choose to be a part of my life and look for the blessings around me each day. I am sure my outlook will change and hopefully I will be much happier. I have so much to be thankful for. I am truly blessed beyond measure.

0 comments: