Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fun Saturday

Today was a good day. We were due for one considering the craziness that was last week! I was able to go to my kickboxing class this morning. That hour just flies by. Then we went to Bryson's basketball game. I had all three kids, because Drew was working a tournament. (The last one! Yay!) After the game we went to Souper Salad with Drew's grandmother, MeMe. While we were there a lady approached me and said she and her friend had been watching us. She complimented me on how well-behaved my kids were. She told me how blessed I am. (I agree!) I will admit that they were exceptionally good while we were eating. Nobody spilled anything. Everyone sat in their chair AND used their fork! Nothing short of amazing!Bryson even helped his little brother and sister get their ice cream when they were finished eating. I will admit that they are very good kids. They can drive me crazy sometimes, but we are very blessed to have three well-mannered kids. Addison says, "Da Du (thank you), Mommy," when we give her something to eat. She even knows to say, "Dess Du (bless you)," when someone sneezes. (And there has been A LOT of that going on lately!) So, yes, we are blessed.

I went to a different Academy today. If you read my post from yesterday you know that I found some great deals. I found more today! The Academy in Grapevine has more of a selection, but I found some good things at the one in North Richland Hills as well. I got my grandmother five sweatshirts for $1.44 each. I joke with her that anything $9.99 or less is just her size! She will wear anything if it is a bargain. So, Grandmother, come and get your sweatshirts! You have one in red, pink, grey, purple and blue (I think). I found some clothes for Bryson, too. He really needs some new things. He doesn't care how he looks, but I do. So, he got a few new shirts. I even found a pair of athletic pants in his size for $2.44! I found some more Russell sweat pants for $4.94. I bought three pairs! I work in these clothes, so I can never have too many pairs of sweat pants! I got some more bargains, but I will spare you the details!

When I got home Drew had made dinner. We had salad and lasagna. Since we couldn't go out tonight for Valentine's Day he put some candles on the table and turned out all the lights. The boys kept complaining that they couldn't see their food! They didn't appreciate the ambiance. It was fun and they will probably remember eating by candlelight one day.

So, today was a good day. I hope tomorrow will follow suit! Have a good evening and a great Valentine's Day!

1 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad that ya'll had a fun Saturday and that Jackson is feeling better!