Sunday, February 15, 2009

Now it's just not even funny.

So, we had one good day where everyone seemed healthy. That was yesterday. Today I stayed home from church because I think I had/have pink eye. Luckily, Drew gets it often so he had some left-over eye drops. I kept Jackson and Addison with me just to be on the safe side. And, boy, am I glad I did.

Addison went down for a nap, as usual, after lunch. She ate fine at lunch. Meanwhile my grandparents paid us a nice, suprise visit. She woke up about an hour after she was put down, crying. She wanted to sit with Drew. He felt her head and asked for the thermometer. Oh, no, not another sick one. Sure enough, she had a 101 degree temp. (Drew promptly called dibbs for a day off on Monday!) She instantly became irritable and nothing would soothe her. We offered her something to eat, something to drink~ even candy. She would have none of it. I sat her in her chair after about an hour and she fell asleep. I put her back in bed. She stayed for about an hour and we were able to eat a WONDERFUL meal my sweet husband fixed. When she woke up, she was even hotter~ 102. We had already given her Motrin, so we gave her Tylenol. Her temperature just was not going down. Finally, she said she wanted to lay down with me. She fell asleep.

Drew put her in bed and he stayed in the living room. It was only about 8:00 at the time. Around 9:15 I heard an awful wet sound followed by coughing and crying. Yep, you know what happened. I went in the kitchen to find Drew and Addie covered in pink barf. Let's just say that neither one of them will want a hot dog for quite some time! I gave her a bath while Drew was cleaning himself up. While I was holding her, about 30 minutes later, she threw up again. Another bath followed. This time I joined her.

Right now she and Drew are laying in bed watching Lord of the Rings. Hopefully, this will be the end of the vomit. Jackson did the same thing at the beginning of his sickness. I kept worrying that it was a stomach bug. Drew calmly reminded me that kids throw up for any reason, not just stomach bugs. (If you don't already know, I am deathly afraid of the stomach virus!)

Drew is going to call the doctor tomorrow and see if she needs to be seen. I just hope hers doesn't turn into pneumonia. I will be taking off on Tuesday if she continues to run a temp. We are in for another long week.

I guess I will go back to bed and wait and see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That's a lot of barf. I'm so sorry!

Stefanie said...

Maybe they can start her on the antiviral "tamiflu." Or do they still do that? I know if it's started in the first 24 hrs. it's supposed to lessen the severity of the flu. I'll be praying and I'm so sorry.