Friday, July 31, 2009

Fun times

Addison loves to play Legos with her brothers. Her favorite room in the house is whatever room they are in. I am so glad she loves them so much and am thankful that they love being around her. I know there will come a time when they don't want their little sister anywhere near them. So, for now I will cherish these moments!

Just look how happy she is surrounded by Legos and her big brothers! What a lucky little girl!


Drew made homemade ice cream the other day. Bryson had to show off his ice cream mustache.


Addison had homemade ice cream, too, but she smeared it all over her face and arms. It's hard to tell from the picture, but let me tell you, it was ALL over her. She was so sticky. And this was AFTER her bath. She did smell really good, though~ sweet vanilla sugar!



While I was recovering on Wednesday Jackson wanted to play Little People in Addison's room. We got out ALL the little people and had a picnic with them. This picture was taken after the Little People princess came and took all the food away and destroyed the picnic. That was my part of the story line!




Since I had my camera out Addison decided that she wanted to take a picture of me and Jackson. (Try to ignore my "no make-up" face!) She doesn't know how to aim, so we had to guess when she was going to push the button and jump in front of the camera. She thought it was pretty funny.



Then Jackson wanted to take a picture.




Then Addison had to take another one.




Then it was Jackson's turn again.



Then it was Addison's turn.
There are MANY more, but I'll stop there!
Drew must not have slept very well last night because he woke up this morning and asked me if I wanted to go shopping in Allen at the outlet mall. Once I made sure he was feeling alright, I hurried and got dressed. I didn't even go to the gym. I thought if he had an hour to think about it while I was gone he would probably change his mind! :0) So, we got ready real fast, ate breakfast and away we went.
We stopped at the Nike store first. It was okay. I got a pair of black shoes, which I need, some t-shirts, a pair of shorts and a couple of capris. The prices weren't that much lower than the prices at Academy. I wasn't too impressed with the selection, either. The Nike store in Hillsboro is much better. We walked around to some other stores and ended up at the Columbia store. I really like the Columbia brand. The clothes are durable and comfortable. The shorts are cut big in the legs which, unfortunately, I need! They had REALLY good prices. Everything was at least 30% off the lowest tagged price and a lot of things were 50% off. Drew got himself four shirts (which in itself is a miracle) for less than $30. I found some khaki shorts that retail for $36 for $8.39. I also found some flip flops for $14.99. I have worn the same pair of khaki Columbia flip flops for 4 years and they still look and feel great. We found some t-shirt for the boys for less than $3 and one for Jackson for $1.50. Those are Drew's kind of prices!
The kids were pretty good while we were looking around. There was music playing and they decided to dance. Yes, even Bryson was dancing. That kept them busy long enough for us to look around and decide what to get.
After we were finished there we decided to go eat so we could get home in time for Addison to take a nap. We stopped at Macaroni Grill and had a great lunch. It was a great day and I am thankful that Drew will do something he really doesn't like to do because he knows I enjoy it.
On another note, I am really sad today is July 31st. Our summer is almost over. I have really enjoyed my time at home this summer with the kids. I will miss our carefree days when we have to go back to work in two short weeks.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What priceless pictures!!!!!
Both are doing so good. Will look for more on the blog!!!!!
Can't believe it's almost school time. Guess Jackson is really glad!
Before you know it Addison will be in school!! Will enjoy more "little one". Just wish we could see them all (and you both)more. I think of all the fun times we had while you were here. Can't believe it was only once this summer. It's raining here this morning, wish you were here. Would be a "game day"
Love you all so much! Keep the pictures coming!
Grandmother

Katie said...

Wow, Addie & Jackson take great pics! I love seeing what y'all are up to! They have so much fun together. Also congrats on all the good deals at the outlet mall! I love that feeling!