Monday, July 27, 2009

Not much to say!

I don't have a lot to say or a lot of time to say it in! I just wanted to post something so my grandparents wouldn't feel like they were checking my blog for nothing!

I am going to have a minor procedure performed at my doctor's office in the morning, so please keep me in your prayers. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I don't like not being in control! (There, I admitted it!) My friend, Laura, is going to watch the kids for me and my sister-in-law, Kelly, is going to drive me there and back. Drew has a workshop all week that he has to attend, so they are stepping up to help me. I am grateful to them and thankful I have people to call on in times of need. Kelly is going to "Jana-sit" me until Drew gets home. Please pray for her sanity with my crazy kids! Wednesday I should be feeling better, but Drew's mom may come by and help me with the kids if I need it. I will try to post something in my down time.

I am really looking forward to resting, but I am not looking forward to not being able to workout. I will admit that I have become a little addicted to it. I don't think I have missed 10 days all summer. I have come to crave some kind of physical activity just about every day. I get anxious and almost depressed when I can't do something. Yes, I know this is not good, but I just feel so much better after a sweat session. I realized recently that I haven't taken a week off since Addison was born over two years ago. I stopped working out for 10 days after she was born and haven't taken a break since. I even worked out while on vacation. I don't know if that is good or bad, but I do know that I feel much better mentally and physically when I do exercise. I'll stop "talking" about it, because it just sounds a lot crazier than it actually is!

Anyway, I should be back to my normal routine in 2-3 days so I will just try to enjoy the little break.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'll be praying that your procedure goes well. I think it's great that you are addicted to working out. I wish I could get motivated to work out like you. I am always making up excuses that I don't have enough time to work out, but when I actually make time and get on a workout schedule I feel so much better.

Laura said...

I am excited about hanging out with your kiddos tomorrow! You will be just fine. No worries!!!! I agree with you on the workout thing. I love it when I go, but if I ever break my routine I DREAD going! You inspire me to make it a priority! :) See ya in the morning!