Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our week at the pond

Getting ready to go to the creek! You might be a redneck...



He HAD to have a mask and snorkle and didn't use them one bit.


Bryson


Jackson



Addison



Addison had fun playing in the "Fun Island."



Jackson at his "road."


Addison at her "road."



My grandparents rode one of the four-wheelers down to the creek one afternoon to watch us swim for a little while. They used to swim in the same creek when they were younger.



My cousins' daughter, Caitlin, and Addison. Caitlin was so good with her.



Bryson, Damon, Emily, Caitlin and Jackson walking/swimming in the creek.




Our bucket of crawdads. We had such a fun time finding them and catching them with nets.



My two country boys.



Addison on the four-wheeler. Her absolute most favorite thing to do is ride the four-wheeler.




I even caught a bass at the pond!
We just got back from visiting my grandparents in Oklahoma. I have said before, and I'll say it again, that this is my favorite place on this earth to be. I feel at home there and have so much fun visiting. I am so glad that my kids get to experience some of the things I did when I was there age. They even cry like we used to when it's time to leave. I hope they will always remember their time at "the pond" like I do. I have so many fond memories of fishing, playing games, climbing the "avalanche" and swimming in the creek. We spent so much time up there when I was growing up that it feels like home to me. I love that I can just go up there and be myself. I don't have to put on make-up, fix my hair or dress nicely. If I want to take a nap, go jogging, read a book, go fishing, I don't have to explain myself to anyone. Up there we are free to do whatever we want to do. There are no expectations. It is relaxing and refreshing. Drew loves it there, as well, and I am thankful to my grandparents for helping him feel just as at home as I do. I have so many more thoughts and feelings about "the pond," but I will have to save them for later. I don't want to dig that deeply into my feelings right now, so I will keep this post short and sweet! Hopefully, we will be able to make one more trip up there before school starts.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time! Sounds as if you have your own private little retreat up there! Sounds wonderful!

Laura said...

I love the pictures!!!! It sounds like it is the most perfect, relaxing place for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

How I love for you all to come! Thanks for letting me take the kids and enjoying all to myself. We had so much fun at the "yellow rope" even tho they climbed the rocks and made steps more than with the rope.Guess we would still be there if you hadn't "honked" for us to come and get baths before you left.
Sorry they were so dirty!! Not really, they enjoyed it so much.
I just want them to remember the time spent here like you did. I could do more and not get so tired back then!!!! I will rest and be ready to do it all over again!!!!
Oh, we gave away 3 kittens last night. Casey came and caught 3, and will come and try to catch the other one for her grandmother soon.
Love You All so much,
Grandmother