Monday, November 2, 2009

A Jackson Funny and Weekend Wrap Up

Jackson finished his bowl of cereal on Saturday and forgot to take his bowl and spoon to the sink. Of course, Drew quickly noticed and asked him how he expected the bowl and spoon to make it to the sink. Jackson replied, "Well, the dish DID run away with the spoon." Pretty witty for a 5 year-old! Drew didn't see the humor immediately, but he came around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a pretty good time this weekend. (I will post pictures later.) Friday I stayed home with Addison. She started running a temperature Thursday evening. She was real cranky and wanted to be held most of the time, so I called in a sub and stayed home. For some reason I was SO sleepy that day. I ended up letting her watch about 6 hours of Sesame Street while I dozed on and off and played around on the computer. She never watched this much TV, so I tried to not feel too bad about it. That night our Sunday School class was having a get together. I hated to miss it, but I didn't want to risk taking Addison and her getting somebody else sick. Drew and the boys went and had a good time.

Saturday started off in it's usual way. I went to the gym for some alone time. Before my kickboxing class I ran 3 1/2 miles. I started to feel so weak by the time the class started. I kept telling myself to just make it through the next song and I could leave. I ended up staying for the whole class, but it was so tough. I started thinking that maybe I was coming down with something, but I never did. I did take a nap that afternoon instead of going to the church festival. The boys didn't seem to mind missing it. They were waiting for some friends to come over later on in the evening and were too excited to even miss the festival.

That night Drew made hamburgers and hot dogs. My friend Stefanie and her son Connor came over and Kecia and Brea came, too. We had fun eating, trick-or-treating and just hanging out. I like laid back affairs.

During the night Addison began coughing. I didn't hear her, but Drew said she coughed for a while. I decided to keep her home from church, just in case. I did a short workout in my living room with some hand weights. It was a struggle to get through it, but I managed to do 30 minutes of lunges, squats and weights. When I finally sat down, I was so sleepy I couldn't stay awake. I turned on the babysitter (Sesame Street) and fell asleep. Addison would wake me up when it was over for me to start it again! She watched three episodes! (I know, bad mama!) At some point she even got one of her blankets and covered me up!

When Drew and the boys got home (I found out later that the "ditched" church, as Bryson called it!) they wanted to put up the Christmas trees. Yes, read the sentence again, I said Christmas trees! They hauled all the decorations out of the attic and put up two of the trees. We will eventually have small trees in the kids' rooms, but there just wasn't enough time to do it all yesterday. Around 3:00 I decided to take Addison for a walk in her jogging stroller. I had been inside all day and thought some fresh air would pep me up. It pepped me up but put her to sleep. Then we had a cranky little girl all evening when we had to wake her up.

So, the weekend was good, but I don't know why I have been so tired and sleepy. I thought the time change would help, but it hasn't so far.

Today is the last weeknight football game for Drew to coach. Words cannot express how happy this makes me. This has been one LONG season. I am so glad it is almost over.


I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving break in a few weeks and I hope to catch up on some rest then.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Jackson is my hero!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks