Friday, October 30, 2009

Cake and Stuff


This is the cake I made (Well, Drew and I made) for the luncheon at my school today. The luncheon had a Halloween theme and I wanted to play along. I found a picture of this cake in one of the magazines I read and thought I'd try it. The recipe calls for a red velvet cake and the "bones" are just meringue cookies. I didn't want to try a new cake recipe, but I wanted the look of the cake. Drew makes a wonderful chocolate cake, so I decided to ask him to make his cake and I would add the "bones." I think it turned out really cute. I am staying home with Addison today (She began running a temp early last night.) so I sent the cake to school with Bryson. I didn't trust myself with it in the house! I hope it was good!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Addison is doing okay. She slept with us last night, so none of us got much sleep. I still went to the gym this morning and came home and got in bed with her. She slept for about an hour and woke up REALLY cranky. She didn't have a temp, but she had taken Motrin about 2 hours before. I am going to hold off giving her any medicine for a while and see if her fever comes back. She was also complaining of a headache and said her throat hurt. I'm pretty sure it's just a run-of-the-mill virus, but I'm no doctor! We will just wait it out and see what happens. She still wants to eat, so she can't feel too bad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday I pulled out another one of Bryson's teeth. He has two extra teeth that came in when he was a toddler, so I am hoping with this tooth gone his teeth will shift a little bit. That's what happened when he lost the same tooth on the other side of his mouth. Evidently, the tooth fairy was feeling generous last night because he left $2 for Bryson's tooth. I thought the going rate was $1 per tooth. It looks like the tooth fairy and I are going to have to have a financial meeting!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jackson is starting to realize that Bryson doesn't rule the world. For so long now Jackson would go along with anything Bryson told him to do. This is not the case anymore and we are starting to have some little battles between the two boys at home. This drives me crazy, but I am glad that Jackson isn't letting Bryson boss him around so much. I know this is a part of growing up and of being brothers/siblings, but does it have to be so annoying???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a good time uploading some old pictures on Facebook this week. I have enjoyed reading people's comments and memories from when the pictures were taken. I am going to get up in the attic and search for some more pictures. (Drew, I hope you still love me after this!!!) I don't think Drew understands why I LOVE to look at old pictures so much. I don't completely understand it, except that I like to remember what it was like to have my sister and my mom with me. I just didn't appreciate them enough when they were here.

4 comments:

Real Housewife of Broke County said...

I LOVE the cake! So adorable. I saw that one as well but wasn't brave enough to try it.

Megan said...

Cute cake! I love all the updates on your kiddos. I hope Addison is feeling better!!

Katie said...

It tasted soooo good! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job. Just wish I could have had a piece of it!!!!!!
G.M.