Sunday, February 28, 2010

200th Post

I just realized that this is my 200th post on my blog! I started blogging about a year and a half ago. I began doing this as a way of documenting our lives. I have posted pictures, funny stories and personal feelings on this blog. Sometimes I have shared too much about what I am feeling and other times I have held back.

If you know me, you know that I am a passionate person. I live with my feelings exposed. I care deeply and hurt just as deep. I cry. I scream. I laugh. I joke. I love. This is me.

I have a hard time getting close to people sometimes because I don't want to get hurt. I have had several losses in my life that have affected me deeply. I try to focus on positive things, but sometimes I get dragged down with the negative things that have occurred. This is a battle I'm sure most people face. With blogging, I can share my feelings and not have to worry about what people think about me.

Even though I share my feelings here, I am not comfortable with my writing. If you read this blog expecting great writing ability, you have been/ will be disappointed. Most of the time I just type and leave it alone. I don't do a lot of rearranging or reorganizing. I just leave it as it is. I do use spellcheck, though! I don't want to look totally ignorant. In school, I hated it when we had to read out papers out loud or have someone else read and critique our work. I was always so self-conscious. I still am, but I don't ever have to see or know who is reading unless they leave a comment or comment to me in person. I feel a little more free to express myself this way.

So today, on my 200th post, I just want to celebrate the fact that I am still blogging a year and a half later. I have had fun sharing my life and that of my family. I have enjoyed reading comments from people who have read my blog. I am going to try to keep it up and will, hopefully, become better at expressing my feelings through writing. I don't know how long I will keep this up, but I will keep blogging as long as it continues to be enjoyable.

1 comments:

Dad said...

You need to update more often. I love reading the blogs and look forward to the pictures. I wish we lived closer but this is possibly the best arrangement. I love you Jana as well as your entire family. I enjoy our times together even if it is simply a phone call. Give everyone a kiss and hug and know in your heart that you are loved.
Dad