Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's Potty Time! (and other things)

See this little girl? The one I thought would NEVER learn to use the potty has learned to use the potty! She is wearing panties all day long now! We still put a pull-up or diaper on her when she takes her nap or goes to bed for the night, but she has been doing such a good job. I know she will be diaper-free very soon. She is also very proud of herself and acts like such a big girl now. I will miss her being my baby, but I will welcome a diaper-free life! I am a very proud mama right now.

Last night my cousin, Stacy, his sweet wife, Holly, and their little girl, Reese, came over for dinner. They have just recently moved to Dallas from Colorado, so it was good to see them. I had never met their cute little girl, so it was long over due. The boys and Addie played with Reese like they had always known her. I am so proud of my kids for being as accepting as they are. They are so loving and enthusiastically welcome everyone we have over to our house. Drew grilled steaks and chicken breasts, made salad, asparagus and baked potatoes. We had a great dinner and had fun catching up and watching some of the Olympics. I hope we will be able to see them more often.

This is their sweet little Reese. Isn't she so cute? She is about 4 months younger than Addison, but so much smaller! Addison is about 5-6 inches taller than Reese and weighs about 10 pounds more! Reese is so dainty and petite. Addison... well... is NOT! Addison is already wearing size 4T clothes and a size 8 shoe. I am about to have to buy her shoes a size bigger! She is getting so big. I think she may pass Jackson up soon!
Today we went to lunch with some friends from church. I love getting to hang out and talk to our friends. We spent a lot of time at lunch playing Words with Friends on our iPhones. I'm sure it looked like we weren't talking at all, but we really were. We were just playing at the same time! Drew just got us iPhones on Wednesday, so the novelty hasn't worn off, yet. I'm sure it will soon.
Tomorrow the kids don't have school (President's Day), but we have to work. They are looking forward to going to Miss Linda's house for the day. Jackson has been counting down the days since last week. They love it over there and I am so thankful for her love for them. We have been so blessed by her love and care over the past 9 1/2 years. I don't know what I will do when Addison is too old to go to her house. I'm sure we will still visit!
Today we are hanging out watching the Olympics and getting ready for another week. Only 4 more weeks until Spring Break!!! Woo Hoo!!!





0 comments: