Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just a few unrelated happenings

Addison was sick on Monday when I picked her up, so we stayed home yesterday. When she first woke up she said, "I'm not barfening any more!" She was so glad she was feeling better and we were, too. We spent the day cleaning out closets and drawers. I am amazed at the amount of clothes we have in this house. We really have way too much stuff and I am going to work on weeding things out and only buying something if we REALLY need it. Even after the big clean out, Addison has about 20 pairs of jeans. Yes, most of them are hand-me-downs, but still, that's way too many. We mainly use the hand-me-down clothes for daily use at Miss Linda's and I buy her some clothes to wear on the weekends and to church. The boys are the same way, but we still have too much. I haven't even tackled my closet, yet. Drew doesn't have much and never wants anything. I wish I was more like that, but I like to try and look cute! I am going to make a conscious effort, though, to be more sensible with my purchases.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a totally different note, Jackson said something really funny the other day. He, of course, didn't know it was funny, which made it even funnier. We were watching TV and we stumbled across a cooking show. He said, "Mom, why is that lady cooking? Ladies aren't supposed to cook. Men are supposed to cook." I am so thankful for my wonderful husband that cooks almost every meal! I am also hopeful that my future daughters-in- law will thank us for raising boys who cook.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Addison is coming along well with her potty training. She, of course, still has accidents, but she is doing okay. We have a long way to go, but I am hopeful that we will be diaper-free by the time summer is here. That would make things so much easier and save us a little money. I am so ready to be finished with diapers. We have had diapers in the house almost continually for over nine years. Bring on the panties!

That's about all that's going on with us this week. Not too exciting, but that is our life!

1 comments:

Drew said...

that sums it up great. you express yourself so well. ilu