Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Recap

Pily was here this weekend. We always love it when she is here. Friday, after she arrived, we went out to eat Mexican food. We had some good food and had fun talking. Saturday we got ready to go to the gym. The boys were excited about going to the kids club at the gym. They haven't been since last summer. I take a kickboxing class on Saturday mornings and Pily likes to go when she is here. Usually, there is no problem with her using a guest pass at 24 hour fitness. This time, though, they wouldn't let her workout. Well, they would have let her workout if she paid $15 for ONE DAY! Since she doesn't live within 25 miles of the gym (and is an honest person) they were going to charge her to work out. There was NO WAY I was going to let her pay that ridiculous price, so I checked the boys out of the kids club and we left. I was pretty mad about this.

We took the opportunity to go to Bear Creek Park. I told her I would watch the boys while she went for a run. They had fun playing, being chased by me, playing in the water, climbing trees and running around. When Pily got back, I went and ran while she played with the boys. I didn't really want to run, but I did. I usually have to psych myself up to run and have to be in the right state of mind to do it, but I went anyway. After a few minutes, I found my stride and just kept going. I only ran about 25 minutes, so it wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed running at the park, too. I am going to have to do this again soon.



After we got home, we ate breakfast Drew made and got cleaned up. Then, Drew sent us to get pedicures. It had been a while since I had one, so I was eager to go. It was so relaxing. I almost fell asleep. When we got home we played a game of Scrabble. We have been playing Words with Friends on our iPhones and Pily mentioned that she had never played an actual game of Scrabble. We felt the need to help her in her quest to "nerdom," so we played with her. We try to help anyway we can!
We relaxed the rest of the day. Drew made taco salad for dinner. The rest of the evening was spent playing with our phones and watching the Olympics. We are pretty boring and she is very low maintenance, so it works out well for all of us.
Pily left just after 9:00 this morning and we were sad to see her go. Hopefully, she will be able to come back soon.
Today we have been relaxing. Addison is down for a nap and the boys are playing together. Life is good at the moment. I can't ask for anything more!

( I never thought I had stubby toes, but this picture clearly shows that I do! Oh, well, they kind of match the rest of my body!)




0 comments: