Saturday, April 10, 2010

Botanic Gardens (warning: picture overload!)















I took the kids to the Botanic Gardens today. I have been wanting to go and today seemed like the perfect day! We went early and stayed for a couple of hours. It was starting to get crowded by the time we left, so we timed it just right. We had fun walking around and taking pictures. At one point we saw some bees flying around some flowers. We spent quite a bit of time watching the bees collect pollen from the flowers. It was really interesting to watch and Addie was fascinated! She kept saying, "They won't hurt me, Mommy. They are just worried about the flowers. They aren't worried about me." Even Bryson had fun watching. Usually, if he sees a bee, he runs screaming like a girl in the opposite direction! We walked and we talked. We ran and we jumped. We had a great time. I love spending time with my kids and love it even more when they are all getting along!
We left and went looking for something to eat. I spotted a Panera and HAD to stop. I love Panera and will eat there any chance I get. There were four college-age girls sitting at a table next to us. Evidently, we are very entertaining. They watched us the entire time we were there! Of course, Addison did have peanut butter from the top of her head down to her legs. She even managed to get some on my watch! I heard them talking about how cute Jackson was. I think he heard them, too, because he kept trying to turn his face away from them. Bryson was our refill man and they were quite impressed with him, too. At least we gave them something to talk about!
Drew was at home cleaning and getting ready for Pily to come. We are going to have Bryson's birthday dinner tonight and take him shopping at Toys R Us later this evening. Gram (Drew's mom) took him shopping and out to dinner last night. Thanks, again, Cheryl! Bryson is having a great birthday weekend so far.
Addison was complaining about her throat hurting on the way home. Hopefully, she isn't coming down with strep throat. Bryson missed 3 1/2 days of school last week. I don't want to miss any more work this year. I know Drew doesn't mind missing, but I hate to be gone! :0)














0 comments: