Friday, April 30, 2010

Inspiration

After Training Day 1 with Bryson, I was sure there wasn't going to be a Training Day 2. That was until we watched Biggest Loser this week. Bryson and I have been watching Biggest Loser together all season. I have watched it in the past, but I have never watched every episode. This year I became hooked from the very beginning. Bryson got hooked, too. So, each week we record the show and pick a night where we can watch it together. I love that time with him and look forward to it each week. (Drew, on the other hand, doesn't like to watch it and doesn't even want to be in the same room when it is on.) Bryson is a very sensitive little boy and always ends up crying at some point during the show. Of course, I do too!

This week on the show the remaining contestants ran a 5k. They were actually in Dallas when they recorded their run, so that was pretty cool, too. As the contestants were running and were talking to some other people who came out to run with them, Bryson said, "Mom, they have inspired me. I want to run a 5k. If they can do it, so can I."

I think Bryson is in good enough shape to run/walk a 5k. I am not going to try to "train" him. I am just going to sign him up and see how he does. I will let him set the pace and I will stay with him the entire time. I won't say that I won't encourage him to run to the next corner, next street, stop sign, etc. I want him to see that he can do it and that success comes from participating and finishing what you start. I want him to see that you don't always have to be the fastest runner to be a "winner." I am looking forward to running with him and I hope we enjoy our time together as much as I anticipate we will. I will let you know how it goes!

0 comments: