Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Checking In

I really had good intentions of keeping my blog updated this summer, but I haven't! We are just enjoying our summer. Every day we wake up and go to the gym for a couple of hours. I am taking 1 or 2 classes every day and I am really enjoying that. The kids like to go to the kids' club, so it works out well. When we get home I take a shower, make lunch and then Drew makes it home from summer school. By the time we eat and get cleaned up it is 1:00 or after. Sometimes we go swimming at our neighborhood pool and usually one day a week we go to the water park right after I am finished at the gym. We are leading a very simple life and I like it like that!

Last weekend (Actually, we left on Thursday) we went back up to Oklahoma. We had a good time fishing, playing and fishing in the creek and riding the four-wheelers. We were only there 3 full days, so we didn't have a lot of time to just sit around and relax. We were busy most of the day every day. Drew caught a bass out of the pond that was HUGE! He estimated that it weighed 9-10 pounds! I caught several, also, just not as big as his. He does have photographic evidence of his fish, so I believe him! While fishing at the pond we watched a couple of beavers working away. It was really fun to watch them take lily pads and sticks back to their den. Is a beaver's home called a den? I can't remember and I'm not going to google it! We spent some time fishing at the creek, too. The fish at the creek are much smaller (perch, mostly), but we catch so many there that it keeps it exciting. Riding the four-wheelers is always fun, but it really stinks to get a face full of spider webs if you are riding in the front! So, we have to choose~ do we want to ride in the front and get all the webs or ride in the back and get covered with dirt! Personally, I choose the dirt over the webs!

Now that we are home, we are back to our simple life. Pily and her roommate, Nicole, are living with us this week until their apartment is ready. They are witnesses to how boring we truly are!

So, nothing exciting going on around here. We are two weeks from our Florida vacation, so we are looking forward to that. What I'm not liking, however, is how quickly summer is going by. Before you know it I will be counting down to Summer 2012!

0 comments: