Thursday, June 20, 2013

Aww, summertime...

We have just about finished our THIRD week of summer vacation. Oh my goodness! Slow down, summer! We are so busy having fun time is passing too quickly. I am still teaching boot camp four mornings a week. It is fun and I enjoy working out outside with other people. I like pushing myself hard and since misery loves company it's good to have other people to suffer along with me! Seriously, though, I just hope I'm getting stronger. I am NOT getting on a scale to see if I've lost any weight.  Hopefully I have broken my addiction to the scale. I now base things on how my clothes fit. Am I where I want to be? No, not yet, but I am accepting of my body and know I need to appreciate it and what it is able to do.  We have one more week of boot camp then I will get my workouts in another way. I am all about variety.

I have tried to cook more this summer. That was one of my goals. It is starting to get more enjoyable. I don't know if I'll ever LOVE cooking, but hopefully I can learn to enjoy it a little bit. I want my kids to have memories of me cooking, too.

I have also been trying to spend time with each of the kids alone. This has been picking special things to do with just them that they are interested in. Addie and have got a pedicure. Bryson and I went to the Ripley's Believe it or Not and wax museum. Jackson and I are planning a trip to a local water park in July. Hopefully they will remember these special times with mom.

I have already read three books for fun. I LOVE reading and just never have time for it during the school year. I will probably go back to the library tomorrow for some more books. Historical fiction set in the late 1800's-early 1900's is my favorite genre.

I attended a PE workshop last week and got to spend time playing with friends and learning new games and activities. Always a fun way to spend a day!

Jackson and Drew go to children's camp next week. It will be Jackson's first year to go. I now he will have a good time. I hope Drew survives! I get to go when Addie is old enough. Oh joy.

That's about all that's going on this week. Looking forward to what next week brings!

0 comments: