Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer~ Days 2 and 3

Wow! We have done A LOT in two days! Yesterday after boot camp we loaded up and headed to the zoo. Drew and I made a picnic lunch the night before, so we were ready to go. (Drew is working summer enrichment, so he didn't get to go with us either day.) We walked around the zoo for a couple of hours and that was about all any of us could take.  We were hungry and tired. We made our way over to Trinity Park just in time to board the train. Afterward we ate lunch at the park and the kids played on the playground. I got to sit and read a few pages of a book. It was wonderful! When we got home we all took showers and sat around until dinner. We were exhausted!

This morning after boot camp we headed over to River Legacy Park in Arlington. I had never been there and didn't know what to expect. We started off at the playground. It was awesome. It started raining on us, but we didn't let that stop us. We waited it out and decided to walk around and explore a little bit. We found some trails off the paved areas and so we walked until we reached the science center. We walked around inside and looked at the fish and animals they had in there. Outside was a pond with some perch and turtles. We turned over some logs on one of the trails and found some roly polys and threw them to the fish. They practically jumped out of the water to eat those bugs! This kept us entertained for about 30 minutes then we started getting hungry. We headed back and I ended up having to carry Addison on my back most of the way. Her shoe had rubbed wrong and a blister had formed. She was a trooper, though, and tried not to complain. I could tell it hurt, so I just let her hop on my back. Needless to say, I was ready to get back to the car! When we got home we ate lunch and changed to go swimming. Now we are sitting around waiting for dinner. I'm tired, but it's a good tired. We are having fun hanging out, exploring and enjoying summer!

0 comments: