Monday, August 18, 2008

What is WRONG with me?

Okay, I know that is not an easy one to answer! Something is definately going on with my brain, though! Yesterday I just KNEW Drew and the boys were dead on the side of the road somewhere because I couldn't reach him on his cell phone. After several failed attempts I, reluctantly, texted Big Daddy (Breon) to see if he had heard from him. I knew Drew was suppose to talk to Breon because they were doing their fantasy football draft. I wanted to know what time Breon talked to him so I would know the approximate time of death. Morbid, I know, but this was what I was thinking! Breon returned my call and calmed me down, somewhat, and told me Drew was just fine. Drew called about that same time to tell me his cell phone wasn't working where he was. I stopped planning the funeral in my mind and went back to watching the Olympics.

Today I had to stay home with Addison because she was running a fever of unknown cause. I KNEW I had a mandatory meeting at 3:30 so Drew was going to leave work early so I could go. Traffic was horrible today, evidently Texans have forgotten what rain looks like, and I was running late. I am NEVER late so I was really stressing out. Our Superintendent was suppose to be at this meeting. I get to school about 3:40 and look in the cafeteria-nobody there. Library- lights off. I hurry to the office to ask the secretary where the meeting is.
"Meeting?" she asks.

"With Dr. W?"

"Oh, that meeting. It's on Wednesday."

At least I wasn't late for the meeting!

I went and picked the boys up from Breon and Kecia's house. The spent the day with their girls and had a WONDERFUL time. On the way home I am totally zoned out and miss our turn off. No big deal, right? Wrong! This is the one turn off in the whole metroplex that is not easy to get back to if missed. It takes me an extra 20 minutes to get home.

My brain is not working properly for some reason. I blame it on the Olympics. I have lost so much week in the last 10 days that it is affecting my thinking. This is why I am glad it only comes around every 4 years. (I am not that attached to the Winter Games.)

Hopefully, I can get to bed early tonight. I will just record the Olympics tonight and try to watch them tomorrow, yeah right!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need some TLC
Wish I could send you some by e-mail. This is supposed to be it!!!!!!!
Slow down and give Drew some special loving tonight and give each of the boys a few minutes of your time(love)
Whe I'm stressed out I try to think of someone else, doesn't always help, but it sure can't hurt.
Enough of my lecture!!!!!!
Love you very much