Friday, October 3, 2008

Bear Creek Park

My big, brave boys feeding the ducks and geese.
Addie would rather eat the crackers than feed the ducks!
Red-faced and tired. She had a good time chasing the boys around!
Brotherly love. This only lasted a couple of seconds!
Finally, they all sat down together and looked at the camera at the same time! Success!

********************************************

Okay, so I have no life! I am posting for the second time in a matter of hours. Spongebob is entertaining the boys and Drew is scouting a game tonight . I was at a conference for three days this week and a meeting all day today. I haven't sat down that much since, let's see, the summer. I needed to get outside and enjoy some fresh air. So, I loaded everyone up and we headed for the park. I took some old bread and crackers so we could feed the ducks. The boys were scared of them, so they stood on a rock most of the time to feed them! Addie doesn't know to be scared, so she was surrounded by them. The ducks and geese were trying to get her graham cracker that she decided to eat instead of feed it to them! Then we went to the playground. Addison is not afraid of anything. There were boys all around her chasing each other and playing pirates. She climbed up the stairs herself and went down each slide by herself. She even went down on her stomach sometimes! After the playground, we went walking. The boys chased the squirrels and Addie chased the boys. By the time we left, her soft pink dress was more beige than pink! A sign of a successful trip to the park!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of the kids! I wish you would have called and I could have come and hung out at the park with you guys...I live so close and have been so lonely tonight. I know you said you've wanted to be alone....but sometimes I'm alone TOO MUCH. Obviously I've been very alone tonight and am facing quite a lonely weekend.

I was talking to my friend Mechele tonight. Today is also the anniversary of her grandmother's death 19 years ago...her grandmother raised her. She revealed so many of the same things you have this week. You both are near and dear to my heart, and in my prayers.

Have a good weekend, my friend!

Love you...but also not like Drew!(he's a good man BTW, his post was so sweet!) :)

Katie said...

I love her tiny pigtails! How many times have I told you your kids are adorable?