Monday, November 10, 2008

Back in Time


Me and the boys at the Renaissance Festival on Saturday.



The weather was beautiful and the trees were just starting to change colors.




One of the rides is a huge swing. Bryson doesn't look too excited in this picture, but he enjoyed it.




This is my dad and Jackson. The boys were very interested in all the swords that were for sale.




This was a man who had the back of his head painted like a woman. I laughed so hard looking at this. I finally asked him if I could take his picture. He was glad to let me do it!


We drove down to Plantersville this weekend to go to the Renaissance Festival that is held there each year. I tried to explain what it was like to the boys, but didn't do a very good job. Let's just say that they were pretty freaked out most of the time we were there. If you have never been, it is quite an experience. People are dressed in costumes from the Medieval Period and everything is made to resemble the way things were back then. There was much debautchery and craziness. Women wore corsetts and showed A LOT of cleavage. Some of the men didn't wear much of anything. Others were dressed as dragons and other creatures. I don't know how much of this the boys noticed, but at one time they both said they were scared! They relaxed a little when they started playing games and eating. When we left my dad bought both of them a wooden sword. I think they had fun overall. Bryson asked if we could go back next year.

Saturday night we stayed with my little sister at her apartment in College Station. Let's just say that not much sleep was to be had. Things don't get quiet down there until about 3 in the morning. I guess that's when everyone finally passes out! My sister and her roommates were not the ones partying. It was everyone else in the apartment complex! I finally fell asleep and the boys woke up at 6:30. I kept them as quiet as I could for a couple of hours. We finally left at 8:30 before anyone woke up! We got home at 11:30 and I took a short nap. We had some friends over yesterday afternoon to hang out. I was so tired this morning. I don't think I have fully recovered from our weekend, yet. Hopefully, I can get to sleep early tonight and get some rest.

1 comments:

Stefanie said...

Wow, the festival sounds like it was interesting to say the least. I'm sure the boys got an eye full! LOL

The one night I spent in Katelyn's apartment in CS was the same way! I heard yelling and partying until the wee hours of the morning, but I was so tired after moving her in I slept anyway.

Glad you guys had fun.