Friday, March 20, 2009

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!















I am dedicating this post to my Aunt Pat. Aunt Pat (aka Nana) will do anything for her grandkids. She spent HOURS fishing with Cameron because he loves to fish. They would fish from the dock or she would take him out in the paddle boat. After they had been out a while, it was time to come in so other people could take a turn. Cameron got out like any 10 year-old boy would- quickly and easily. Aunt Pat, on the other hand, had a slightly more difficult time. She stumbled a bit and slowly slipped over the edge of the boat. She got caught on a rope that was holding the dock (a floating dock) to the shore. She was holding on for dear life and making some funny noises in the process. Her son, Damon, quickly ran to her aid and Drew ran in the opposite direction to get the camera. (He didn't want to miss a great photo opportunity!) I was bent over laughing. After a couple of minutes Aunt Pat made it up on the dock with Damon's assistance. Nana survived although she lost two nails in the process of saving herself. Each time I would have to get out of the boat I would say I didn't "want to pull a Nana." Jackson was so freaked out by the incident that he never would get on the boat with me and didn't get to go for a ride the whole time we were there. Aunt Pat was a good sport about all the teasing and never even told us to shut up! Thanks for the laughs, Aunt Pat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it "funnier" to see it in person, but I laughed all over again, seeing it on your blog. So glad you all could laugh about it. Glad she didn't get hurt except a few bruises. Just glad it wasn't me!!!!! You would really laughed!!!
But I might haven fallen and got up!!! Anyway we had a lot of fun with all of you her here. Maybe next time I can go rafting!!! That would give you all a big laugh!!!!
Just getting in and out of the raft!!!!
Glad you all came, and enjoy your new car!
Grandmother

Stefanie said...

I laughed, and I wasn't even there! Thanks for putting a smile on my face tonight. I'm glad Aunt Pat is a good sport!

Nana Pat said...

The pictures look larger than life or maybe it's just me. You did a great job of describing the situation-even minimized the laughing going on. Hope your day went well back at school-our kids were still kind of zoned out. We all enjoyed the week and look forward to more good times. Love to all.
Aunt Pat