Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Fever

I am SO ready for Spring Break. I need to rest. I'm sure all my teacher friends are saying a big "AMEN!" right about now.



Here's a funny Jackson story to make you laugh. The other day we were at church for Bryson's last basketball practice. Jackson, Addison and I were outside at the playground. There were so many "mosquito hawks" on the wall. (I think these insects are called may flies, but I am not sure. They are the really big flying insects with long legs. Do you know what I am talking about?) Anyway, evidently it is mating season for these bugs. They were all over the wall and connected together. This really disturbed Jackson. He caught as many as he could so he could "pull the bugs apart that are stuck together." He was very concerned about them being stuck together by their "butts!" Drew will have to explain some things to him when he gets older! I'm not going to touch that one!



Addison is all about the word "No." Today Jackson said, "Addison, do you love Mommy?" Of course, Addison said, "no." Jackson came to me and said, "Mommy, Addison said she loves you." At four-years-old he is already concerned about my feelings. Such a sweet boy he is!



Today I needed chocolate really badly! Drew and I rode to work together today, so he had to pick me up. When he open the door there sat a lovely, dark chocolate bar! I ate half of it within a mile of my school. I finished the rest after dinner. He sure knows how to make me happy!

Saturday we leave for Oklahoma. We are going to camp out, so hopefully the weather will cooperate. I am looking forward to some "no make up days." I like not having to worry about how I look when I am up there. Bryson has been counting down the days until we leave. He will get to see some of my cousin's kids and my aunt. He loves being around them. He hasn't seen them in a while, so he is really pumped about it. We are going to relax, ride the four-wheelers, take some hikes in the woods and have a great time being outside. I won't be posting until we get back late next week, so I hope everyone has a restful and enjoyable Spring Break!

1 comments:

Stefanie said...

You guys have a safe trip and a wonderful time!