Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Do

I just got back from getting my hair cut and highlighted. I am happy with the result. I have gone back and forth for the last few years with wanting to grow it out and then getting it cut off. I couldn't decide how I wanted it. Even still today I was undecided about whether to start growing it out again or just cut it shorter than it was. When I saw Laura's cute, cute, cute hair cut this morning I wanted to grow it out! (Did I say how CUTE your hair is, Laura?!) Then while I was waiting on my hair girl to come get me a lady sitting next to me (who had longer than shoulder-length hair) started talking to me. She asked if I was there to get my hair cut. Uh, yeah. She said she really liked it the way it was and thought it was a cute cut. I told her that I still hadn't decided what to do with it and she and I started talking about what a pain it is to have long hair. After just a couple of minutes, I decided that I didn't want to spend time growing it out, drying it, clipping it up after I dried it and didn't like the result, and fighting with it all the time. So, when Veronica asked what I wanted to do I said to cut it as short as she could without making me look "butchy." (This is a realy concern for me since I teach PE! ;0) ) Anyway, she highlighted it and cut it and I am happy with it. I am really happy that it will just take a few minutes to dry it and fix it in the mornings! I just hope I can fix it in the morning as cute as she did today!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree with you...that Laura's hair is cute and also that YOUR hair is cute, too.

Laura said...

Ya'll just made a really difficult night get much better! YEA! Thanks for all the compliments! Jana- I LOVE your new haircut and I don't think you could ever look "butchy". :)

Anonymous said...

Love your hair!!!! Course I love you any way you do your hair, so.....
Did'nt tell you how much I liked your car!!! Enjoy!!!
Grandmother

Anonymous said...

Jana, I remember when you were a very young girl living in Amarillo and I took you and Jamie to get a "wedge" cut. You were so upset because you said people would think you were a boy. I assured you, though you did not believe me that no one would ever think you were a boy because you were too cute to be a boy. The first person we saw said "I didn't know you had a son" and you cried for the longest time. Now Jackson has blown the theory of being to cute to be a boy (he is man pretty). I also heard that you had a new automobile. Too many noises in the "old" one? Anyway, I am very proud of you and your family.
Love,
Dad

Katie said...

No worries - you look awesome!!! I LOVE it. Now I'm gonna have to get my hair cut to keep up with Hott Jana & Hott Laura. ;o)

Megan said...

I love it, too! You look so cute/cool/sexy! :o) I wish I could pull it off!