Saturday, August 1, 2009

After the Storm

It has been cloudy/rainy most of the day today. It kind of matches my mood. I have been on the verge of tears all day today and I don't know why. Just one of those days, I guess. After the last rain storm I was telling Jackson how my sister, Jamie, and I used to find sticks and race them down the street after a good rain. He seemed interested in trying it, so I found some small craft sticks for all three kids and we went outside. They seemed suprised when I told them they didn't need any shoes! I need to relax a little bit!

They had fun racing their "boats" and playing in the water. I'm sure the water is just filled with nasty stuff, but I let them do it anyway. I think Drew was a little grossed out, too. He seemed a little uncomfortable the whole time! It should go without saying that they stripped down in the garage and took a bath as soon as they were finished! Here's some pictures of their fun time!



Bryson playing in the water.

Jackson "fell" many times. It was rather slimy in some places. I don't even want to know why!
Yuck!


Don't they look like they are having fun? They took off their shirts and Addison wanted to take hers off, also. She doesn't understand why boys get to take their shirts off and girls don't!



Of course, Addison had to get in on the action. She thinks she is as big as her brothers and tries to do everything they do!




Is this a happy boy, or what?




Bryson likes to show off his muscles. I guess he is getting to that age!



Racing their "boats."




Addison isn't so sure about something. She has been a little cranky today, too.




Me and my boys after a romp in the rain water.
This helped lift my mood. Hopefully tomorrow will prove to be a better day.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun!!!!! So glad you allowed them to be "boys". Glad you are feeling better. You would feel better if you came and played in the creek!!! I know it's a lot of trouble for you to come but.......
give your 80 yr. old Grandmother some fun!!!!!!!!!

Mike and Katie said...

You are a great mama! Those memories with last a lifetime!