Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cabin Fever

This is a picture of Addison yesterday. If you click on the picture you can see what her eyes look like. She is feeling better but not 100%, yet. We needed to get out of the house today, so I took her on a walk to the park while the boys were at church. She played on the playground a little bit and threw some rocks then she was ready to get in her "bike." (aka stroller~ Anything with wheels is a "bike" to her.) She still doesn't have her energy back. Before we went on our walk she sat in my lap for about an hour. If you know Addie, you know that she NEVER sits still for that long. Her voice is hoarse today and her nose is running like crazy. Her eyes are still red but seem better than yesterday. Thankfully, we are off tomorrow so she will have one more day to recover.

This evening we are having some friends over the watch the NFC Championship game. It will be a good change of pace from the last several days.

My granddad went to the hospital yesterday morning. His heart rate is dropping into the 30's and his pacemaker doesn't seem to be kicking in when it does. (Pacemakers are common place in my family, unfortunately.) He is in the hospital in Mena, Arkansas. If he needs to have something done he will come to his doctor in Plano. My granddad keeps defying the odds. He has had 10 stints put in his arteries, triple by-pass, and several heart attacks. He has one kidney (The other one was lost to kidney cancer several years ago.) and is diabetic. He seems to have more bad days than good days. I am selfish and not ready to lose him. Please pray for my granddad and for my grandmother. They have been together most of their lives and I don't think she would know what to do without him.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Poor Addie! She looks terrible, and I know she can't feel much better. I hope you are better, though. It's so hard when little ones are sick and you can't fix it.

As for your Grandad, I said a prayer for him before I posted this and will continue to pray for him and your Grandmother. They are so good to you, and I know how very much you love them.

I found out yesterday they found a tumor in/on my grandfather's bladder. He is due more tests and then surgery on Feb. 4. I'm so worried about him. The doc told my dad it didn't look good. So, I guess I'm asking that while you are praying for your grandfather, you send one up for mine, too!

Love ya!

Laura T said...

I am praying for your granddad right now. I know how much he means to you! Hugs!