Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Super Sweet!

My husband is awesome! I know I have bragged on him before, but I feel the need to do it again. Drew helps me out so much every day. On the weekends and when he is home at night he says that I am "off duty." He takes over with the kids, laundry, cooking, cleaning, you name it. He allows me to go to bed early each night so I can get up early in the mornings to spend some time at the gym. He makes breakfast and lunch daily. Yesterday I left work not feeling too well. I called him to tell him I was on my way home. He immediately fell into "fix it" mode. He talked to the other basketball coach and arranged to leave early and pick up the two little ones so he could come home and take care of us. Tonight he came all the way home to pick up Bryson for basketball practice. I was planning on taking him, but he didn't want me to have to get out. He doesn't complain or ask for praise. He does all of this because he loves me. It is sometimes hard for me to accept his care and love for just what it is. You'd think after 11 1/2 years of marriage that I would stop wondering what is motive is for doing all of this for me. I always wonder if he will resent me one day for all he does for me. Believe it or not, I am not always very loveable and yet he continues to love me daily. I am not always easy to live with and he never disrespects me or loses his patience with me. If he does lose his patience, he doesn't show it. This is amazing to me. I show my feelings easily (too easily!). I have snapped at him, criticized him and have been a little less than gentle with him. He has never faltered. He is not perfect, but he is perfect for me. I know I don't deserve his wonderful treatment, but I will take it! Drew, thank you for your unconditional love. You have shown me what that means. You are an excellent example of a man for our children. I pray that Addison will find someone who treats her as well as you treat me. I pray that our boys will grow up to show their wives the respect and love you show me. I love you with all my heart and don't show it nearly enough. You are everything I never knew a husband could be. I love you!

2 comments:

Drew said...

I do everything because you do deserve it. I love you and love to show you. Thank you for your sweet words to the world! I always said you were my princess. Slippers may be Nike but you are my Cinderella, only hotter and smarter!

Stefanie said...

You guys are so sweet...you make such a great couple. You give me hope that real true loving relationships are possible. Thanks so much for sharing! (Know any single men? LOL)