Monday, January 19, 2009

Update on Granddad

Well, my granddad went home yesterday. Nothing was done or planned for him. I asked him what the doctor said, and he said the doctor just told him to go back to the E.R. if he started having problems again. I honestly don't think they know what to do for him. He has already had everything done to him that they can possibly do. It is amazing that he is still here. I always knew where my stubborn side came from! I just wish there was some way to keep him comfortable on his bad days. I can't imagine feeling bad and hurting for days at a time.

On his good days he still gets out and washes the car by hand, mows the grass and piddles around the house. (No, I don't mean THAT kind of piddling!) I know it is tough on him, but I'm glad he can still do things that make him happy. He and my grandmother also enjoy going to singings. Or "sangin's" as they are called up there! They are very involved with their church~ he leads the singing and she plays the piano. They have friends they see and talk to regularly. And of course they have me! (Just kidding about that one!)

Please just pray that my granddad can find some comfort and for the doctors to know how to treat him.

On the Addison front: She seems to be getting better each day. Her eyes were really red and draining last night, but they are clearer this morning. We do have a call in to the doctor to see if we can get her some eye drops. Her cough is becoming wet and productive. (Just what you wanted to hear before breakfast, I'm sure.) She is running around the house with a light saber and is asking me if she can go outside. This makes me know that she is feeling better. Thanks for all your warm thoughts and prayers for her these past few days.

We will be enjoying our day off today and will get outside and enjoy this great weather of ours. Is it just me or does anyone else think the inauguration day should be a national holiday?

2 comments:

Katie said...

I said a prayer for your grandad. I'm glad Addie's feeling better & I hope you're enjoying your day off!

Megan said...

That's so frustrating that they don't know what to do to help him. I'll be praying for him and for the doctors.