Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Three Course Meal

You all know that I think my husband is the greatest of all time. If you don't want to hear about what put him over the top today, don't read this post! :0)

Drew decided last week that he was going to take off today just to have a day off. We never do this and I was going to take off with him. Plans changed when Addison got sick last week and I ended up taking off 2 1/2 days with her. I didn't want to take off again. Anyway, he stayed home today to relax. He asked if he could bring me lunch. Of course, I said yes. Since payday isn't until Friday (It better get here soon!) I knew he would just bring me lunch from home.

He came into the gym about 15 minutes before my class ended, so he just sat down and waited. He didn't bring any food in the gym with him. I asked if he brought lunch and he said, "It's out there," and pointed to the doors. Okay. I didn't know why he didn't bring it in- but whatever.

When my class was finished I opened the gym doors and out in the hallway was a picnic basket. Our picnic basket. I was so suprised I didn't even know where to go to eat. Do we eat in the gym? Do we go to the lounge with everyone else? I thought we might want to be alone, so we decided to go to my office. I went to the cafeteria to get us some tea to drink. He took my keys and went to my office.

When he opened the picnic basket he has real glasses, (We didn't have to use the plastic ones from the cafeteria.) cloth napkins, silver wear and plates. (The plates were the plastic ones that came with the picnic basket.) He fixed our salads. He poured salad dressing on the salad and shook it up in the plastic container it was in and he put it on the plate. He handed me my bread that was kept warm in aluminum foil. When I was almost finished with my salad he served me my entree. He made chicken breast and put it over some pasta. When that was gone he brought out some muffins for dessert. Nothing fancy, but it was good and still warm.

How many men would think to do that? How many men would take time out of their relaxing day off to bring lunch to their wife? How many men would not be embarrassed to bring lunch in a picnic basket? I don't know of many. He was so cute walking around carrying that picnic basket. He wasn't embarrassed at all. I don't care that it wasn't a gourmet meal. He put thought and effort into making that for me.

Drew Simmons, you never cease to amaze me. Thank you for taking the time to show me how much you love me. I know it was just lunch, but it was special to me. You are the best husband to me. I love you with all my heart!

2 comments:

Laura said...

So sweet!!!! Good job Drew!

Katie said...

Drew rocks! Don't ya love being a spoiled wife?? I know I do. ;) But seriously, praise God for awesome hubbies!