Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fabulous Fours

I'm going to try to type out a blog post before my computer decides to explode or fly away. For some reason the fan won't stop running and it sounds like it is about to take off, or explode. If you know why it is doing this, please feel free to let me know. Drew used the shop vac to clean the dust off some little filter thingy or something last night. It's in the big box thingy. As you can tell, I don't know a lot about computer thing(y)s! Don't judge. I don't have a lot of time to devote to computer/technology education. (I don't really care to, either!) :0) Anyway, on to my post.

Addison turned four about six weeks ago. I can say without a doubt, today, that I just LOVE her at four years old! She is so much fun. She is pleasant most of the time and loves to be around me. She often says, "When I'm a big mama, like you, I'm going to..." and then says whatever it is that I am doing at the moment. For example, "When I'm a big mama, like you, I'm going to wear those big brawl." "When I'm a big mama, like you, I'm going to shave all the pokes off my legs." "When I'm a big mama, like you, I'm going to marry daddy." You get the idea!

She has become my little side-kick. Partly because she and I are the only girls in the house and the boys don't want a girl in their rooms most of the time. When she is with me she rubs my arms, plays with my hair and always (no matter what I look like) tells me how beautiful she thinks I am. She loves to hold my hand and will lay her head on my shoulder and tell me how much she loves me. She is just the most precious thing to be around right now.

I am reminded, also, that she is watching EVERYTHING I do, so I have to make sure I am setting a good example for her. The other day she sat on the couch, put her feet up and said, "Boys, who is going to rub my feet?" I don't know where she learned that whenever you sit/lay on the couch you are supposed to have your feet rubbed. ;0)

One day she and I were playing on the floor with her dollhouse. She was the mom and I was the dad, of course. The dad said to the mom, "Honey, I'm home from work. What's for dinner tonight?" She, in her best mom voice said, "Well, I don't actually know how to cook." Yeah, that one hit me pretty hard! Maybe I will attempt to cook more this school year. Then again, that doesn't sound like fun.

I am really going to miss hanging out with her when we go back to work next week. She and I have had a great summer hanging out together.

(Oh, I love my boys, too, but they aren't around me as much as she is. Bryson will still kiss my cheek or forehead and tell me he loves me. (No lips for him. Yes, he is at that age!) Jackson will tell me he loves me, but he is a little more stingy with his affections. That just makes them that much more special when I get them, though.)

So, here's hoping that the rest of Addison's four year old year will be just as sweet!

Oh, and just so you know, I AM counting down to Summer 2012!!! Only 287 more days until Summer 2012!!!

0 comments: