Thursday, June 25, 2009

Not Fun!

Let me just say that today was NOT FUN! This was one of those days that I would have rather been working than being at home. I had to wake the kids up this morning so I could make it to the gym for an athletic training class. Yes, I know I could have let them sleep, but I really look forward to this class and it is only once a week. From the moment their feet hit the floor I knew it was going to be a bad day. They were whiny, argumentative and just down right mean to each other. They wouldn't share, they talked rudely to each other and they seemed to go out of their way to make someone else miserable. After the gym I tried to have some fun with them before lunch. We had gone to the library yesterday and checked out several books. One of them was a paper airplane book. I was helping them make airplanes and that even turned into an argument.

"Mine flies farther."

"No, mine does."

"Mine flies higher."

"No, mine does."

"Liar."

"You're a liar."

You get the idea.

We had so much to do today when Drew got home from summer school, also. We had to go to Sam's and Walmart to get stuff for Addison's birthday party on Saturday. This took a while and Bryson HATES to shop and he makes everyone else as miserable as he is. Plus, this heat makes things seem even worse.

Our day ended with both boys getting spankings. Jackson got one because he threw something (I could never understand what he threw since he was crying so much.) and hit Bryson in the mouth. Yes, his lip started bleeding and I was so worried that he had messed it up barely a week after getting it fixed. Bryson got a spanking for being a royal pain in the butt (I said rear when I was talking to him.) the entire day. I know they were both tired because they were asleep about five minutes after they got in bed.

There were several other incidents that happened today, but I will spare you the details. Plus, I don't really want to relive this day! I would rather just forget it altogether! Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I know there's no way you could possibly be talking about the precious children in the picture on this page! ;)

Katie said...

Doh! I'm sorry, Friend!! I'm praying for a better day today!!