Saturday, May 29, 2010

Kindergarten Graduation

Jackson walking across the "stage." He barely looked up for a picture!



Friday was the last day of school and Kindergarten graduation. Just the thought of Jackson finishing Kindergarten was enough to bring tears to my eyes. I spent the morning talking myself into NOT crying. I did pretty well, if I do say so myself. I think it helped that Breon showed up. He was the comic relief and kept me from thinking about my baby boy growing up WAY too fast. Thanks for coming, Breon!
Graduation ended abruptly when a student (not a kindergartner) pulled the fire alarm! That was one way to bring the year to an end. The entire school and all the visitors had to evacuate the building and wait for the all clear to re-enter! The kids did a great job not freaking out and showed the parents how we perform our fire drills. We sure won't forget that graduation for a while! That is also the reason I didn't get very many pictures.

Days like this make me wish my mom were here to watch them with me. I know she would have been there and would have cried right along beside me. (I'm sure I got my sensitivity from her!) She didn't even get the chance to know Jackson. She died when he was 5 months old. She would have been proud (as I am) of the sweet, kind and loving boy he is. Oh how I wish she were here to share the special times with us.

Drew couldn't be there because he had to give finals at his school. He wasn't able to be at Bryson's either. That is just one of the downfalls of being a teacher. Sometimes you have to miss your own kids special days.

This year zoomed by. In a way I am thankful (It was a tough year.) and in a way it makes me sad. I know that my babies will be grown up before I know it. Bryson only has one more year left at our school and Addison will be here in two short years. It is so hard to believe that they are growing up so fast.
I am going to try to really relax this summer and enjoy my family. I know I sometimes take them for granted.




0 comments: