Sunday, May 16, 2010

Reporting In

I feel like I need to blog, but there isn't much going on right now, thankfully! So, I will just put some thoughts down.

  • We had field day on Friday. Well, we had half of field day before the sky opened up and rained us out. We had decided earlier in the week that if we got at least half of it in we wouldn't make it up. I am happy that we don't have to make it up!
  • My little sister was here this weekend from College Station. She helped out with field day (This was her third year to help me. Thanks, Pily!) and we hung out with the kids. We are pretty boring, but I don't think she minds!
  • We have two weeks of school left. I am ready to spend some time with my kids without being totally worn out. We are planning on swimming a lot this summer~ at our neighborhood pool and at NRH2O. Drew will be teaching summer school again, but we will have fun with him, too.
  • Bryson had his braces tightened for the first time this past week. I am amazed at how much they have already moved. He is going to look great once we get those teeth straightened out. He already is a good-looking kid, but will look even better with straight teeth. I am a little biased, though!
  • I ordered a swim suit online today. Crap shoot, I know!
  • I also ordered some new running shoes today~ Nike LunarSwift. I hope they are as comfortable as the reviews say they are. I am going to start running more again now that my calf is healed. Some new shoes may give me the motivation I need. I actually ordered two pairs so I can switch them out. You can never have too many options when it comes to shoes!
  • Our friends, Breon and Kecia, are coming over for dinner tonight. It has been too long since we have hung out with them. I am looking forward to a good, relaxing time.
  • Addison will be three in about 6 weeks. Where does the time go? She is getting so big (38 pounds!) and is looking more and more like a little girl instead of a toddler.
  • My husband is awesome and I am blessed beyond measure that he is in my life! :0)

That's about all for today. I hope to include some pictures in my next post. Have a great week and may the next two weeks zoom by!

0 comments: