Wednesday, September 17, 2008

And you thought telemarketers were persistent!

Today was the big fundraiser kick-off at school. Bryson was so excited to get his packet. He has high hopes! He is sure he can sell 80 items to win a pre-paid cell phone. (I don't know why an 8 year old needs a cell phone, but I cannot comprehend the mind of this 8 year old!)

On the way home today he was going through a list in his mind of all the people he could hit up to buy things. (His list was pretty short!) Our next door neighbors were on his list. We are friends with them, so he decided it was okay to go to their door. (He knows the dangers of talking to strangers. He is so shy sometimes he barely talks to non-strangers!) Anyway, at dinner he was trying to get up his courage to go talk to Ms. Patty. He convinced Jackson to go with him and even role played what he was going to say. We finished dinner and off they went.

They were gone about 10 minutes before I asked Drew if I should go find them. I could just picture them in her house talking her ear off! As I was walking toward the front door, they came in.

"Well, how did it go?" I asked.

"We knocked on the door four times and she never answered. Then we looked in the windows and didn't see her, so we tried to get in but the doors were locked."

"You WHAT?!?"

They repeated exactly what I had clearly heard the first time. Then the yelling began. "You DON'T try to 'get in' someone's house if they don't answer the door. She must not be home. Do WE try to get in other people's houses? Do WE look in other people's windows?" It went on for a while. Use your imagination!

So, here is my warning: Bryson has 13 days to reach his goal of 80 items. If you don't want him stalking you or trying to break in your house, buy something from him or avoid him completely!

___________________________________________

Drew and Addison stayed home today. From the minute she woke up this morning she started crying. This continued for an HOUR! Finally, I called Drew to come back home so he could stay with her. I put her back in bed and she went to sleep. She slept until aroud 9:30 this morning. He said she had two BIG poopy diapers and gas like a man. Could it be my new dinner routine? I sure hope not! Maybe she is getting too much fiber all at once? I don't know. I may have to feed her something different. So, my favorite day was ruined today because of excessive gas. Hopefully next Wednesday will be better!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Soooooo.... i think I just figured out who was trying to get into my house!!! It was the Simmons boys! :) THat story is PRECIOUS with the exception of the gas like a man. How can sometihng so stinky come from something soooooo cute?

Anonymous said...

There's no way that precious baby had gas like a man...if she lived with me, I wouldn't talk about her sweet expulsions like that! LOL

Oh, buy the way...when I got home today about 6:30 my storm door was standing open on my front porch and it was OBVIOUS someone had been trying to get in...I think I even found a piece of that BES fundraiser envelope in my front yard! I'll be sure to ask Bryson about that in the morning. JK...it would probably embarrass him to death!

See ya tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

This is tooo funny! Wish I could have stood back and watched that selling job. So glad Addison is OK.
What is Bryson selling? Is it something Granmother needs? He will have to act like a telemarketer and call Grandaddy? He likes to listen to them!!!!
It's never dull around your house!! Just think what the boys and Addison will say when they are teen-agers and read these!
Love You
Grandmother