Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is relief in sight?

I came to school this morning needing some encouragement. (Yes, I am typing this at school!) Sometimes life becomes too much to handle. I feel like I need a vacation from it all- work, family, house, everything. Trying not to break down into a pool of tears and trying not to become so angry with my kids has become too much right now. I feel like I am at my breaking point. I have prayed about it, believe me. I am still waiting. I know God isn't Santa Claus and does things in His own time, but I feel like I need some relief. I feel like everything rests on my shoulders right now. I don't know if it is because Drew is working so much (football season, you know) or if it is being around negativity ALL day long or that my kids seem to know how to push every button I have right now. But I need a break. I have tried to fake it by joking around and laughing at work, but I lose it at home. My kids are suffering because of the way I feel. I feel like all I do is gripe at them and they don't deserve it. (Well, some of the time they deserve it!) Maybe this is how life is and I have had it too good for so long. Please pray for me. I need some relief.

4 comments:

Katie said...

It's OK, I'm responding at work! I'm guessing this isn't the best time to try to get back at you for yesterday...oh well. Seriously though, I'll be praying for you. Let me know if there's any other way I can help brighten your day!

Anonymous said...

Well...I didn't respond at work...but I have already said a prayer for you. I so understand how you feel. I'm about at my breaking point, too, so we have that in common my friend. I know the "verge of tears" well right now, because that's where I seem to stay lately. We just have to be there to be support for each other.

I love you, sister!

Megan said...

Ugh. I feel that way sometimes, too. I will be praying for you. I will also take the kids to the park or make you guys dinner some evening if you want. It's almost Thursday!! The weekend is looming!

Laura said...

JANA!
You are such an encouraging person! I love being around you because YOU make people happy! I am praying for you. I have been that person who tries to "fake it" being happy all the time, and learned that, THAT will wear you down so fast! Take a day (or 2)off and make it 100% all about you from start to finish! I can even bring Bryson to school for you!
Praying for you!