Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Heavenly Birthday

I have put off posting this all day. This is a difficult day for me. Today was my sister's birthday. She would have been 38 today. She died suddenly and unexpectedly on January 22, 1992. She was just 21. I often wonder what kind of relationship we would have had as adults. We didn't have a very good relationship growing up. We were only 13 months apart and very competitive with eachother. I guess most sisters are like that. I just wonder if we would have outgrown that to have a good adult relationship. I would like to think that we would have. I think of her often even though I don't talk about her much. I get very emotional when I speak of her. I will talk to Drew about her sometimes, but, since he didn't know her, I'm sure it's just like hearing stories about someone you don't know and aren't attached to. Anyway, I just had to recognize that today would have been her birthday and I'm sure she would have bragged about being "two years" older than me, if only for another 5 weeks. She always liked to say she was "two years" older than me until I had my next birthday! Happy Birthday in Heaven, Jamie!

7 comments:

Laura said...

I am so sorry for your loss Jana! Holiays and birthdays are always so hard without them there to celebrate with you. THanks for sharing about jamie!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jana...I know your sister's death and all you had to go through associated with it must have been traumatic for you. I've never lost anyone that close, and I dread the time it happens to me. I'll be looking to you for support then!

Love you, sister!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you but I'll stand next to Jana for you forever and always! Love you Jana!

Jana said...

Thank you, my friends for your sweet comments! I love all of you!
Jana

Megan said...

Jana - Thank you for sharing this part of you. I'll be praying for you this week as you have extra reason to remember your sister.

Katie said...

Hey Girl, I'm sorry about the rough day. I said a prayer for you today. Love you!

Sarah said...

She would have been thrilled to be an aunt to your beautiful kids. I am sure she watches you and is proud of your family.