Thursday, September 25, 2008

Friends

I am so thankful for the wonderful friends I have at work. I have had several of them tell me they are praying or have prayed for me. That makes me feel so loved. Sometimes we get so busy at work we don't take the time to reach out to others. These sweet people have taken the time to reach out to me and for that I am very grateful. I had a much better day today and know it is because of all my special friends saying prayers for me. Thank you, friends!

I have decided that I will not allow people to take my joy away from me. I have allowed one person to take my joy, and I will not do that any longer. It is my choice to be happy and joyful and I shouldn't allow someone to steal it away. I would gladly give her some if I knew she would use it! But I will not allow it to be taken! I know the devil was happy yesterday when I had such a bad day, and I know that with Jesus I will be victorious over him. This gives me hope and strength.

Oh my gosh, I have a confession to make. Our principal buys us donuts every pay day. Last year I was able to stay away from them. I went 8 months last year without eating a pay day donut. Today, I must confess, I ate TWO! Yes, TWO. I knew when I reached in for the second one I would regret it, but I ate it anyway. I thought about throwing it away after the first bite, but I didn't. Afterwards, I felt really dirty and fat. I hate that. I try not to use the "f" word, but there is no better way to say how I felt! I will have to work out extra hard in the morning.

Bryson has been very sweet today. I think he knows I had a horrible day yesterday. (How could he not know, I yelled at him A LOT.) Sorry, Buddy! He went with me to get my hair cut after school. I don't think he likes it much, (It's always really big when she blow dries it.) but he said it looked good. When Drew got home, I heard Bryson tell him, "Mom got her hair cut and she looks H-O-T!" At least he still loves me after yesterday! He can be really sweet when he wants to be.

The boys are spending the night with Drew's mom tomorrow. They are looking forward to it. She is going to take them to her school's carnival on Saturday. Bryson has been wanting to pack his bag all week, but we have made him wait. Drew has to scout a game tomorrow night, so Addie and I will have a girls night. I am hoping she will be extra tired and sleepy so we can take a bath and go to bed early. I'm thinking maybe 7:00 or 7:30!

Saturday is our SMBS party. You know how crazy you get with cleaning when people are coming over! That is what we are going to do all morning on Saturday. You know, no one notices clean, but they sure notice dirty! Our house is not dirty, by any means, but it is not "company clean." Why do we always clean so much for company but not for ourselves? I always wonder this! Then we have to clean again when they leave! We love having people over, so it's really no big deal. I just alway wonder why it is this way!

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow. It is almost time for bed. I am getting very sleepy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayer does help!!! Also helps when other put feet to their prayers, or in your case words!! As much good as we get from encourgmentg from others why don't we practice it more often on other people, they may have has a bad day also.
Today was Judy's birthday, "55", why an old woman like me is good friends with a young chick!!! We get along so good. Took her to the cafe for lunch.
Tell Bryson I am so proud of him for being sweet to you. Doesn't surprise me tho!!
I have worked so hard this week cleaning the mobil home. Wouldn't take me so long if I would do it along. I washed blanket, quilts, even pillows, and rugs alll day yesterday and today. Still not thru. Damon & the girls will be here tonight, hope I can rest up a little before they get here. Had a very healthly meal while ago! appplesauce and amish bread! Too tired to cook!! or lazy one!!!
Grandmother (Oh yes, have a good time tomorrow night

Anonymous said...

Hey...I'm glad your day was better today. Mine was really not so great. Bryson probably noticed that, too! :) He's such a sweetheart.

Thanks for the hug today...I needed that.

Tomorrow's Friday!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you sweetie! It's funny how God works sometimes. Yes, I read your blog.

Anonymous said...

And Bryson was right, you are hot!

Katie said...

I agree, the haircut is HOT! In fact, I cut my hair off today too. You better watchout, I'm going all SWF on you!

P.S. I'm glad we're friends!
P.P.S. After the SWF comment that just sounds creepy - but I really did mean it!

gruvyteacher said...

That overwhelming "craziness" must be going around. I got hit with it on Friday during our RTI meeting. That's why I was late picking up my kids (again sorry I was late) on Friday. Things will get better!! Thank goodness for the weekends to recoup and reenergize!!