Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cooking 101

Breon and Drew are ready to cook for us! Breon dubbed himself "Chef Homeboy R Dee!"
In action! Don't they look so cute. Kecia refers to Drew as Breon's "boyfriend!"
"Breon is going to WHAT?!? COOK?" I'll believe it when I see it!
This is Kourtney, Brea and Bryson. Brea and Bryson have an on-again, off-again relationship!
He really loves me, he just HATES to admit it!


____________________________________________________________
Breon and Drew cooked for us on Labor Day. I don't know how much Drew allowed Breon to help, but they sure did look cute in their matching aprons! For those who aren't aware, Drew is a bit of a control-freak when it comes to cooking and "his kitchen." He doesn't even want me helping clear the table! So, they cooked yesterday and we, Kecia and I, were able to sit around and visit. It is so nice to have friends you can just hang out with and don't have to worry about impressing them or being someone you are not. Evidently, we're not too bad, they keep coming over when we ask! When they are here we don't have to worry about our kids. They just all play together and have a good time. We love you, Kecia and Breon! Your kids are great, too!

____________________________________________________________
A few weeks ago, we were having a conversation at the dinner table. (We eat just about every dinner together as a family. I just love that! Something I never really had growing up.) Anyway, Drew was making an analogy about food and clothes. He was saying the meat is like the pants and the potato or rice is like the shirt in an outfit. He went on to say the bread is like a belt. Nice to have, but not totally necessary. The side dishes are like the accessories. You have to have a shirt and pants. Everything else is extra. Tonight my neighbor brought over dinner. (So nice of her! She just asked me last night if she could bring over dinner! Of course, I said yes!) She brought a chicken enchilada casserole-type dish. It had shredded chicken. Bryson wanted to know if the chicken was the belt. I guess since it was shredded, it didn't rank as the pants! It took us a minute to figure out what he was talking about, but we finally got a laugh out of it!

____________________________________________________________
Jackson said he wants a pet pig. Don't know where he comes up with these things. For those who don't know, (and for the few people who haven't heard my Jackson stories) he says some of the most off the wall things. He just stated his desire for a pet pig out of the blue on Saturday. He's a funny little guy!

____________________________________________________________
School is going pretty well. My schedule is a little crazy this year, but I think I am going to like it. At least I won't get bored every day! Nothing boring about being a PE teacher!

____________________________________________________________
It's getting close to bed time, (yes, it is only 7pm!) so I'd better sign off!

0 comments: